Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Listing ended  (Read 1536 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Fund Raiser -- Win Complete High Performance Engine Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »

$250 came in for this effort this morning.  But with a caveat.  Instructions were to keep it here so long as "enough more" comes in to make it worthwhile.  If not it gets moved over to the saber fund raiser. 

Will keep this active this week.  If we don't see good response by then will pull the plug and begin selling the pieces individually.  Let me know if someone is interested in anything before it goes to eBay or is sold elsewhere.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 01:53:50 AM »

Got a paypal notice for five more tickets with a question about the caveats described previously.  Gentleman was wondering what precise terms would be.  Not at all unfair and I'd done a bad job not spelling things out.

Current plan, that has been discussed with a couple of the guys already involved, is to ride this out until 10 days before Christmas then shift gears to individual sales of the parts that have been contributed.  That time is chosen as it'll allow some sales to happen before Christmas so that the kids (and dad, but mostly the kids) can have some idea as part of the Christmas how things have done. 

The balance on this effort right now is $500.  Am guessing could sell the parts offered here through eBay or otherwise for $1200-1500 if a little patience is exercised.  If this effort reaches $1000 before the -10 day deadline we'll let it run.  Otherwise I'll shift to individual sales to better maximize what the contributors will have given to the family. 

This most recent five ticket purchase, the 12 ticket purchase from yesterday and the original two ticket purchaser have all told me they'll shift their contributions from this fund raiser to the saber fund raiser if this bails out.  So it's working out well no matter which way things go.  There is a single ticket participant I've not spoken to yet.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »

Pulling the plug on this listing.  The two largest participants were onboard primarily hoping their play would prime the pump a bit.  Happier moving the donation over to the other listing and letting these parts sell on their own for more coin.  So that's now the plan. 

Thanks again everyone.  Appreiciate all who helped out, sent good words or even had good thoughts.  It's all good :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.