Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MMI, Orlando, Fla.  (Read 782 times)

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
MMI, Orlando, Fla.
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »

Could have my own Harley Tech someday, My son starts class in Oct.  :2vrolijk_21:

Anyone in that area know of any apartments that the rent is reasonable or where he might find a part time job ??
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:23:49 AM by SERK3 »
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

mark

Re: MMI, Orlando, Fla.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:22:51 AM »

I hope Dad will get a discount on the labor cost.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »

I hope Dad will get a discount on the labor cost.

I damn well better !!
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »

a friend that i work with has a son who is wanting to go to mmi orlando.  in talking with the admissions person, she has told my friend that mmi has rented a 'block' of apartments and they in turn rent them out to students.  of course, they will combine a group per apartment.  i don't know if they get a private bedroom or have to share with another person, but she did indicate that they try to do it as fairly as possible.  no 18 year olds with over 21, compatable likes/dislikes, etc.  about $450 per month.  not going to find an apt. close to campus for anywhere near that price.  they also have agreements with local businesses to hook them up with part time jobs to help them out while they are there.

talk to admissions.  they can give you more/better details.

good luck.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50:32 AM »

He knows all of that, He's been working on this for a month or so, He does not want to share an apartment with anyone ( I can't blame him) just tring to find something reasonable, If thats even possible in that area. He's going on a GI Bill so he gets a living allowance every month.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »

I've been through this with a relative and regret it. The knowledge gained and paid for (not by him) was/is essentially wasted. So it was a bad investment.

The "job project" should have started with a local survey of what the graduates can expect to make, what benefits they will receive and what their career prospects are both initially and over the years.

It would also be valuable to know what the turnover rate is for each dealership and the major reasons why they left.

With the dealership making $100+ per labor hour, technicians are lucky to see much more than minimum wage. Net, net, you can't raise a family on that. So many very qualified technicians leave the trade.

My point is be sure you have done your homework up front so you aren't disappointed in the end.

To be clear, I have no issue with MMI, their programs and support systems for housing--etc. It's the transition into the real world where a decent compensation package would go a long way toward long term employee retention.

For those who have a background in management and labor cost it comes as no surprise that planned turnover can keep rising labor costs down. especially if the new hires meet accepted standards and are will to work at minimum wage. 

BTW: This is a sigificant component in why we see so many service complaints as well.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.