Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Paint Protection  (Read 8627 times)

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Paint Protection
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »

Yeah, one of my concerns about the paint protection film is that it just wouldn't look like the surface of the paint, i.e. the shine and luster of the bare paint.  I really love this paint on this bike and want to show it off!!!
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »

If the surface does get a scratch or scrape, can you just peel it off , polish the paint, and re-apply another piece? Might be cheaper than buying new tins when the inevitable happens.   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »

3 years later, I am very happy that I made the decision:

I got a call from the Harley dealer last month when they were servicing my bike that they had an "accident". Apparently, they were moving the bike into the storage line up and got too close to the adjacent bike. My saddlebag met the other bike's peg and scrape... Fortunately, the paint wasn't damaged thanks to the 3M protection. I checked it out and it was perfect since the film took the brunt. Harely found a 3M dealer locally and had them put a new film on the bag at their cost. Just got the bike today and it looks great. The service rep was very appreciative of the protection.

That experince isn't the only reason I'm glad I got the 3M done, I have compared my bikes paint condition to other bikes in my riding group whom ride every I do and I can say that I don't have a mark on my bike. The paint is awesome and the Tequila Sunrise still turns heads. It was well worth the "insurance" of having it...not to mention all the boot scuff protection on the lids. As you'll note from the above responses, it's a personal choice.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.