Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tour Pak install  (Read 6631 times)

TXBear

Re: Tour Pak install
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 09:28:13 AM »

went and looked at the specs for the 2011 and the 2012 and they both show using a 200/50R18 rear tire so I think you are correct, do you have the H-D part # and how much do you want for it?
Can you give me the measurements from pivot point to pivot point front to back and side to side?

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
Re: Re: Tour Pak install
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »

Sent u an email, I don't have part number handy, but it will fit as I have used one on my bike. 

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

TXBear

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »

OK guys, I need some help, bought the tour pac mount off of Henrycm here on the forum (Thanks Henrycm for the good deal and the shipping), tried to just pull off the sissy bar and slap it on after work the day I got it and it wouldn't work. It was cold and I didn't have a lot of time so figured I'd wait until the weekend and fiddle with it, might require some rubber mallet adjustment like previous projects. Henrycm had sent me 4 bushings also and I just figured they were just extras. Well today I got serious and undid the bolt on the front pivot point and tried to slip the bushing on the tour pac mount and it would not fit, it was to big, pulled out the ones that Henrycm sent and the one for the front slipped right on so I figured H-D in their wisdom had to have made a change and I tried it on the sissy bar and it wasn't to loose so figured that was the answer. Took the bolt and left the outside saddle bag bushing on there and was going to slide the correct front bushing on and get on with life. The hole in the one Henrycm sent that fit on the front pivot point was smaller then the stock bolt so it will not work, I can't get a bolt that will go thru the hole that would fit the threaded hole on the frame so it would appear I have some choices
1. drill out the replacement bushing to accept the stock bolt, but would that be too big a hole and comprise the bushing?
2. file down the black plastic inside the stock bushing to accept the mount, but how easy would the be and would it compromise the stock bushing?
3. grind down the front pivot point of the mount to fit into the stock bushing, but would that remove the chroming and set me up for a potential for rust?
4. does anyone have a part # for a bushing or kit with a bushing that would fit the mount and use the stock bolt?
Mine is a 2012 and Henrycm's is a 2011, it was a tork 45 bolt

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
Re: Re: Tour Pak install
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 07:58:41 AM »

I am sorry that u are having problems with this.  I went out to look on my bike and tour pak, my sissy bar doesn't rattle around and it looks like I filed down the opening on the tour pak to clear the mount.  It doesn't look like much.  I hope this helps, I will look again at the bushings when I get back home.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 05:45:10 PM »

I have had the '11 and the '12 and have used the same mounting unit that came with the '10.  All have 200 rear tire and with proper bushings, all 3 fit equally well.  You may have to drill new holes in the TP to get it secured onto the mount but the mount in your picture looks to be the same mount I have so should work.  That mount is not listed for the '11 or the '12 but I had it on good advice prior that it would work and it has.  HD stopped making the TP for the Convertible as the models made in '10 out of buffalo hide did not sell well.  I still think the touring combination is great.  You just have to play with the combination of bushings, especially with using the saddlebags.  But you should be successful.  Good luck.   Pork.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.