Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sad Story From Sacramento..  (Read 3407 times)

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: Sad Story From Sacramento..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 02:58:47 AM »

The evil right of way violation...

Too many times.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »

Of course we were not there and do not know the details: speed of bike? Mental/Allertness of car driver?  All that being said:  I don't know how to totally avoid the risk of a left turner coming out from no where?  Any ideas?

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »

Of course we were not there and do not know the details: speed of bike? Mental/Allertness of car driver?  All that being said:  I don't know how to totally avoid the risk of a left turner coming out from no where?  Any ideas?

All we can do is be vigilant and more alert than the cagers.

A young woman died here earlier this month as she crested a peak in the road and on the other side of that peak was a car turning left into a driveway in her path.

Due to the peak in the road neither the driver or the rider saw each other till it was too late.

Know the roads, the potential hazards and ride accordingly.

Be safe out there.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »

I went to a Memorial service weekend before last for a friend that was killed not far from there, over on Madison Ave. by the golf course.

The lady was traveling in the same direction in front of him.....pulled over near the right curb and as he reached her she made an illegal u-turn (middle of the block) right in front of him.  He t-boned her.

Amazing to read the comments below that article....faulting the rider instead of the person that pulled in front of him.  Prejudiced towards motorcycles and riders reeks in some of those replys.

I don't understand why these drivers are not being charged with vehicular manslaughter rather than just an improper lane change or illegal u-turn?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 02:07:28 PM »

I went to a Memorial service weekend before last for a friend that was killed not far from there, over on Madison Ave. by the golf course.

The lady was traveling in the same direction in front of him.....pulled over near the right curb and as he reached her she made an illegal u-turn (middle of the block) right in front of him.  He t-boned her.

Amazing to read the comments below that article....faulting the rider instead of the person that pulled in front of him.  Prejudiced towards motorcycles and riders reeks in some of those replys.

I don't understand why these drivers are not being charged with vehicular manslaughter rather than just an improper lane change or illegal u-turn?

Probably because in the instance of it being two cages, the person executing the u-turn winds up dead.

Our larmakers, and even police investigators dont see the other side unless they have been there.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »

It just shows how it can all change in a split second!
Its the chance we all take every time we ride! wether its human error or circumstances out of our control, its the risks we take to feel free!
One which I'm personally prepared to take till i cant ride no more!!!

I lost a great and very close  friend a while ago due to a bird hitting him in the face whist he was riding! who do we blame?

Be safe brothers,
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »

Probably because in the instance of it being two cages, the person executing the u-turn winds up dead.

Our larmakers, and even police investigators dont see the other side unless they have been there.

Wasn't two cages.....he was on his bike.  Had he been in his truck he'd probably have lived.  Almost the same situation as the original post at the top and only about a mile apart except this case it was a complete u-turn rather than a left turn.

The lady stated those famous words to the CHP officer doing the report "I didn't see him".

Charlie said it best......your life can change in a second.  It did for me six-seven years ago.....I do pretty good now but I'll never be the same.  And that was a slow speed (25 mph) accident.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:19:45 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 06:28:03 PM »

Wasn't two cages.....he was on his bike.  Had he been in his truck he'd probably have lived.  Almost the same situation as the original post at the top and only about a mile apart except this case it was a complete u-turn rather than a left turn.

The lady stated those famous words to the CHP officer doing the report "I didn't see him".

Charlie said it best......your life can change in a second.  It did for me six-seven years ago.....I do pretty good now but I'll never be the same.  And that was a slow speed (25 mph) accident.

What I was implying that had he been in a cage, the driver of the other vehicle would be dead.

On a bike, right or wrong, we become victims

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.