Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Afternoon ride  (Read 1388 times)

brewco12

Afternoon ride
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »

Today I was riding on US 27 going to a place where on a Sunday afternoon there could be anywhere from 100 to 300 bikes.Coming up to a stop light was an orange and black Street Glide.I could not resist.I gunned my 110 and figured I would blow by but he stayed right with me .When we got to ninety we both got some sense slowed down waved and ended going to the same place.We even ended up parking next to each other.He told me about all the work he had done to engine it was a 103 but it had some serious horse power.He also said that the bike was originally black but he painted it orange.He even offered to let me ride it which I refused.He said he had a problem talking because he had throat cancer for six years,and that he has to take food through his stomach by a tube.but he was still riding.I am sixty he is sixty six .I just hope I have the guts to keep on trucking what ever happens like he is.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Afternoon ride
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »

The 27?  Hmmmmm.....  :nixweiss:   Topanga Canyon?   Baja Cantina?   Was the guy's name Sonny? 

Good story but:       :worthless:

Thanks for sharing, though.   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 26 queries.