Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dresser Duals, CFR Mufflers, Power Commander V and Fuel Moto Map  (Read 3172 times)

loop4re7

• Junior CVO Member
Dresser Duals, CFR Mufflers, Power Commander V and Fuel Moto Map
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »

Just installed Vance / Hines Dresser Duals, CFR Mufflers, Power Commander V with Fuel Moto Map.  Like some others I was concerned about loss of torque with the CFR 's. I spoke with Cary Faas who does not recommend cross over headers, x pipes or stepped headers with his mufflers. Then called Fuel Moto to discuss Power Commanders and maps for the above mentioned. Told Fuel Moto I was looking for over all performance not all torque and horsepower.  They were super to talk and deal with. Long story short I decided to go for it. Took a couple 200 mile rides after I finished the install.  Wow what an improvement, bike runs like a top. Little loud but man does it sound good. From the seat of my pants I sure don't notice loss of torque between 2 and 2400 rpms like I read about. Both rides were mostly in the hills with some Hwy, no freeway, some 95 mph spurts here and there.  First fill up 41 mpg. If your curious about the sound Iron Aces's web site has a great sound clip of CFR's with Dressers Duals. CFR's really fill the hole in the bags and fender on my 2012 RG. would I do it again  Hell ya 

eaglecvma

• CA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5 Burgundy Blaze
Re: Dresser Duals, CFR Mufflers, Power Commander V and Fuel Moto Map
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »

Awesome!  I have CFR's on my RK, and was looking as to what header and tuner to get next.  Good to hear your set up is running good.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »

In 2009 when the new frame model came out. There was not a lot of

aftermarket headers out then. I first went w/ the V&H Dresser Duals and Rineys.

Later....... I switched to Fulsac Headers and 2.25" cores.

Results:  More Torque, better performance, and less noise.

YB

YB

How does your comment tie into this thread?

Fatboy

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:11:51 PM »

Ybl

How does your com.ENts tie into this thread?

Fatboy?

What he said! :2vrolijk_21:
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »

Sorry,

After re-reading, I guess it didn't make too much sense.

My bust, I guess no coffee, no sense.  :o

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »

Awesome!  I have CFR's on my RK, and was looking as to what header and tuner to get next.  Good to hear your set up is running good.
I have a set of dresser duals on my workbench if you're interested.

I installed them with a set of V&H Hi-Output Slipons but the V&H "Crack" got a little loud so I cutout my stock cat to cutdown on the volume. Saw/Heard the CFR's about 2 months after I bought the V&H Hi-Outputs. Dang it, Should have waited!!!

By the way, FuelMoto is awesome. I ordered the PCV and told them what my setup was. It got delivered, installed and no problems for 18,000 so far.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.