Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buying Motolights: Get Standard LED's or Ultra Bright LED's?  (Read 921 times)

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member

Putting a HD LED headlight on my 2011 Street Glide, and I'm concerned about not being able to see well in corners.

Going to get some LED Motolights to help the problem, but am not sure if I should get the standard LED's or the new, Ultra Bright LED bulbs.

I like the idea of brighter/better bulbs, but am afraid it might be obscene looking when lit up.

Does anyone have any experience with these lights?

Thanks

HDOrange

• 2012 SECU7
Re: Buying Motolights: Get Standard LED's or Ultra Bright LED's?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:07:21 PM »

The brighter the better in my experience. I use custom dynamics sun spots in my passing lamps and they will light up the road, especially in the day time when the cages really have a hard time seeing you.
Mike

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Buying Motolights: Get Standard LED's or Ultra Bright LED's?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:13:22 PM »

Putting a HD LED headlight on my 2011 Street Glide, and I'm concerned about not being able to see well in corners.

Going to get some LED Motolights to help the problem, but am not sure if I should get the standard LED's or the new, Ultra Bright LED bulbs.

I like the idea of brighter/better bulbs, but am afraid it might be obscene looking when lit up.

Does anyone have any experience with these lights?

Thanks

As long as the light color temperature is the same (I'm pretty sure it's 6000 K), I'd go for the brighter ones and just make sure they are aimed properly, along with the headlight assembly.  The more light the better, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.