Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well, it's about time to change the screen name  (Read 1233 times)

ultrarider123

Well, it's about time to change the screen name
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:02:18 PM »

I've had the ultrarider handle for quite a while now (14 years and counting on eBay).  Still have it on some sites as it's easy for me to remember and as I get older, I attempt to keep things simple.  My choice of ultrarider is I rode Ultra's for a majority of the 90's into early 2001.  It made sense to me.  It's not I'm an ultra good or special rider as I ain't.  It's that I rode Ultra Classics.  Problem is, I don't anymore and while I have owned/ridden Glides since, no Ultra's.  It just doesn't fit me anymore.  That doesn't mean some day I might own another Ultra (CVO, no doubt) but I doubt it. 

I am making this notice so that some of my friends on this forum will know what happened.  I've had a few nicknames over the years but only associated with special, small groups (Scouts, work, etc).  I, like most of us, have also have been called some things I wouldn't want to print here... ::)  One has survived through all my adult life and actually was coined by a high school band director and still a great friend of mine.  So, in a couple days as some of my friends have had the chance to read this, my handle is moving from ultrarider1 to Haird (that's a VERY country pronunciation for Howard).

This announcement is not an arrogant gesture in believing I'm that important here on the site making this notice.  Just an attempt at being courteous to the forum folks prior to making this major a change.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Well, it's about time to change the screen name
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »

I've had 2ksoftail for my 2000 ST since the year  2000, when everyone was panicing over Y2K. Bike been gone bout a year, and I hadn't rode it  very much after getting my 1st bagger, a 2005 EG, then a 2007 UC and for the last 4 years my 09 SEUC. Have since that time and always will be .....2K. Not suggesting you are wrong, just I'm a pretty simple person.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »

I've been debating this for a while and I agree, once a name sticks, it's there.  Problem is, I really haven't owned an Ultra in standard or CVO form for over 12 years now and there may be someone else that could use the handle more than I.  One thing, however, is I probably will always be that on eBay...been going to long there to stop now.
However, no matter what I own/ride, I'll always be Haird.... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:15:57 PM by Ultrarider1 »

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:45:13 PM »

Just like you Haird, it's the way we live the way we are, our true real lives that got me my screen name too.   [HaHa] I knew a Haird in Califonia got his the same way. have fun  Randy
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 07:54:01 PM »

You go right ahead and change it Howard.., I like Haird but Haird is still Howard without a TP  :D :P ::) (I couldn't help myself)  :zroflmao:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »

I am kind of in the same situation. Been using 1sharprdkg for a pretty long time, email, Ebay,work, etc. My last name is Sharp, was riding a Road King so rdkg. Other than taking short trips on wife's Road King have not been riding one on a regular basis going on three years. Been called lots of names over the years, some people can't remember my first name, so was called simply "Sharp" a lot of the time. I don't have any name I would want to change to right now. Use something that fits you, totally understandable. Haired it is.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 12:15:47 AM »

Good on ya Haird, you do what makes you feel right and comfortable mate.
     I came up with my Handel by being off the saddle for so long when I finally got it I said( AT Longlast)
     dropped the AT and the rest is history.

By the way fair well and happy trails Ultrarider1 and Wecome aboard Haird to the CVO site
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:04:01 AM by longlast »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 06:20:24 AM »

Just do most of us a favor and put something like "formerly Ultrarider1" under your avatar for a while.  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 06:23:40 AM »

I like "Haird" better than "Haired" it sounds nasty! Good try anyhow, Arlen.  :confused5:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:30 AM »

I came up with my Handel by being off the saddle for so long when I finally got it I said( AT Longlast)
dropped the AT and the rest is history.

That's a great way to develop a handle/screen name and it fits no matter what you ride Pete.  Sorta what I'm attempting to go to here.

Just do most of us a favor and put something like "formerly Ultrarider1" under your avatar for a while.  :2vrolijk_21:

Great idea and will do.... :2vrolijk_21:

ultrarider123

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 08:19:46 AM »

It has been done....thanks for the suggestion to the memo in my avatar, Mike.  Was going to wait a day or so more but with the note, should be pretty clear.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »

I like "Haird" better than "Haired" it sounds nasty! Good try anyhow, Arlen.  :confused5:

Sorry for the miss spell.... Haird it's been corrected. It was early AM that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks softail for the nice easy kick in the pants  :2vrolijk_21:

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »

Good for you "Haird",  I have had so many bikes in 50 + years of riding I could never select a handle associated with my current ride.  My moto, "one wife, many bikes"...it's far cheaper than the other way round.   :D
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 25 queries.