Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel Moto EFI tuner vs V&H Fuelpak vs HArley street tuner  (Read 11671 times)

lnadler

Fuel Moto EFI tuner vs V&H Fuelpak vs HArley street tuner
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »

I have AN '06 Harley creamin eagle ultra classic, 103" motor with V&H Monster round pipes and Kuryakyn Mach 2 air cleaner.  No other mods.  Want to add a tuner to remap the ECM and would like some input as to the pros and cons of the above tuners.  I am not planning any additional modifications to the motor.  I know the customer service at fuel moto is excellent and they can pre-load a map into the tuner to match my modifications.  I understand that re-programming the ECM is probably better than changing the output from the ECM with a plug-in.  But I prefer not to spend $$$ on a street tuner and then $350 for the dyno.  Anyone have any experience with the fuel moto dynojet EFI tuner or the fuel pak from Vance and Hines?  The Power Vision from Fuel Moto looks good too- but do I stil need to add a tuner along with it? Thanks.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Fuel Moto EFI tuner vs V&H Fuelpak vs HArley street tuner
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »

06 is pre 02 sensors - street tuner wont work.

you have to have a proper map - it wont self tune "at all" has to be perfect.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »

Though in 05 and 06 the ECM is ready for o2 sensors.  TTS can handle them (have to open the plug to the ECM and add the data input lines) and the RevPerformance EMS package can bring them in the mix with the stock ECM.  The EMS package is another the original poster might add to his options for consideration.  Obviously have to add bungs to the existing exhaust or use pipes with bungs already installed too.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »

'Have a Power Commander III from Fuel Moto on the '05 SEEG
and a V&H Fuel Pak and Throttle Pak on the '09 SERG, both the bikes run very well, both bikes have stock cams / pistons.

I don't see the need for any of the more expensive tuners if you are just doing air filter and pipes. Both bikes have "canned" maps, never on a dyno.

I am going to the SEPST on the '09 as it comes in the SE Stage III Pro kit :pepper:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

lnadler

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 10:09:44 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I'll probably go with Fuel Moto EFI tuner with canned map, especially since they are very available and have great customer service.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I'll probably go with Fuel Moto EFI tuner with canned map, especially since they are very available and have great customer service.

I know for a fact that Jamie has maps for anything that you want to do to your '06
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

HogRydr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 01:04:06 PM »

I noticed you didn't include TTS Mastertune. I could be wrong, but from my understanding, if you purchase one from Fullsac Performance they will include a dyno'd map that will at least closely match your stage 1 set up. Also, the flexibility you have with the Mastertune is great AND the support you receive from Fullsac is second to none. (Yes, I drank the Kool-Aid) :drink:

lnadler

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »

Thanks to all who replyed- but I would like to know if there is an advantage to using the Power Vision tuner over Fuel Moto EFI tuner or any of the others?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »

Thanks to all who replyed- but I would like to know if there is an advantage to using the Power Vision tuner over Fuel Moto EFI tuner or any of the others?

Fuel Moto is a vendor.  It offers Power Vision and other tuning products. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »

Fuel Moto now also has it's own branded versions of DynoJet products.  Besides the ones listed on the web page for a 2006 Ultra (see screen capture attached), they also have something called a Fuel Moto Micro EFI Tuner by DynoJet for later models.  I'm not familiar with it, but here's the link to their web page for it:  
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/micro-efi-tuner.html

I can't answer the OP's question, because I have no idea what he really wants.  If he just wants the simplest and least expensive alternative, that would likely be the Fuel Moto badged PCIII and one of Jamie's canned maps.  If he wants the fancy display plus capabilities he doesn't seem to want or need, there is the Power Vision which Jamie has on sale at the moment.  It all comes down to what capabilities do you want, and how much do you want to spend.

Jerry
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:36:29 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

lnadler

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »

GRC, Is there an advantage to the PC-V over the Fuel Moto EFI tuner? I know  Jamie can program a canned map in the Fuel Moto EFI, but can a canned map be programmed into the PC-V?  Is there any advantage?  Although I do not think I will need the extras the Power Vision offersw, I may change my mind in the future- so maybe that would be the better choice and overall less expensive way to go.  What do you think?  Is the Power Vision pre-programmed also?
Thanks.

lnadler

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 02:23:52 AM »

i spoke with Brian at FUEL moto and decided to go with the Power Commander-V.  Thanks for your help!

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 25 queries.