Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED headlights question  (Read 1107 times)

DJA

• Junior CVO Member
LED headlights question
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:25:05 PM »

I just finished my winter projects on my 2008 CVO Ultra and now I have a question about the LED headlight. I had engine work done over the winter so while it was there and my fairing, tank, and right saddlebag were being repaired(paint repair) I had the mechanic(Harley Master Mech) install the LED headlight with the LED touring also. Paid my bill since Service called and said bike was ready(NOT). Figured they wanted the rest of their money. Anyway, checked bike out and here is my question. From another forum I understand the the center bar and sheild with Harley-Davidson stamped in it were supposed to light up when ignition is turned on accessory. Is this true on th 7" LED headlight? I understand it is on the RoadGlide LED headlights so I am wondering if it is also the same with the 7" LED. I brought this to the mechanics attention and he didn't know but will check.  The dealer had no CVO Ultras to verify so i am asking the forum for an answer. If any of you have upgraded to the LED lights and have the directions, what do they say? On RoadGlide instructions it is step 15.
Thanks in advance
DJ

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Re: LED headlights question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:54:07 PM »

Yes, the dealers here in the states aren't hooking the wire up but it's there because of a law in Europe, some thing about marker lights in parking lots. Anyway, take off the front fairing and hook the green wire on the back of the light  to a orange with white stripe below the radio on the driver side left. They have matching spade clip connectors.

On a roadglide the orange/white stripe wire pokes out of the harness going to the headlight.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:56:16 PM by King roadglide »
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
Re: LED headlights question
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:58:28 AM »

This forum and it's members rock the house!!  Instant and USUALLY accurate and valuable info.  Great stuff guys!

DJA

• Junior CVO Member
LED headlights question
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »

Thanks for the info everyone.
DJ

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 21 queries.