Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: kerker stouts  (Read 2886 times)

sheef

kerker stouts
« on: March 24, 2013, 10:40:44 AM »

I've just received my new cvo ultra equipped with the 4" Kerker Stouts slip-on mufflers but at the end of the baffle is a piece of about a 1" diameter pipe nipple attached to it and  tack welded to the one side of the baffle. I don't like the looks of it at all. Does anyone know the reason for this pipe nipple being there and do you think there would be any harm if I removed it. All feedback will be much appreciated.

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
Re: kerker stouts
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »

I've just received my new cvo ultra equipped with the 4" Kerker Stouts slip-on mufflers but at the end of the baffle is a piece of about a 1" diameter pipe nipple attached to it and  tack welded to the one side of the baffle. I don't like the looks of it at all. Does anyone know the reason for this pipe nipple being there and do you think there would be any harm if I removed it. All feedback will be much appreciated.

I do not believe that the SuperTrapp Stout 4" nor the SuperTrapp Kirker Stout 4' Sli-Ons come with End-Caps. The End caps are and additiona $100+
Does it look like your Kirker 4" Stouts have End Caps?

17 end cap options are sold separately and available for Kerker Series Slip-Ons and all of them will also fit H-D Performance II Mufflers making them ideal replacement parts.
Accessories/SE/Kirker End Caps
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=73

Kerker Stout 4" Slip-Ons
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=84
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Atomic Shark

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »

The Kerker and Supertrapp Stouts come with Billit aluminum endcaps that are a 6 bolt pattern and bolt to the baffle from the back. As of now there are no other tips made to fit. I have a set of Kerker Stouts on my bike now. Wanted to change the tips to something like a contrast cut. I've talked to PM, Supertrapp, Yaffe, and a couple of others. No luck on tips. About the weld you are talking about, I have never noticed any on mine. Post a pick of what you are seeing and I'll compare ti to mine.

sheef

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »

here is the picture.  thanks for your help

Atomic Shark

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »

That does not look right at all. Looks like a piece of scrap got wedged in and then spot welded.

Atomic Shark

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »

This is what mine looks like. Are both of your pipes like that?

sheef

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »

To the Atomic Shark: My mufflers look like yours now. I ended up grinding down the outer spot weld and with a pair of pliers started bending the piece of pipe( which is called a restrictor) back and forth until it broke free from the inner spot weld. I did this to both mufflers. I feel much better now. I happened to come across reading on another forum site about a guy who had the same issue I had and he got a reply from a fellow who used to work at Super Trapp and he said to grind down the outer weld and keep bending the "restrictor" back and forth until the inner spot weld breaks. I can't figure out why my mufflers had these restrictors and yours didn't unless your's had already been removed or the early style mufflers up to 2009 had these restrictors and the later style don't. I had ordered the early style because I went with a cat-free header and I was concerned about loudness. Anyways thanks again and after today I'm much more wiser.

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 25 queries.