Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 103 to 110  (Read 1140 times)

Fire4Effect

103 to 110
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:28 AM »

Has anyone converted their 103 to a 110?

Any major issues?

Was it worth it?

I'm just weighing my options vs. getting a new bike. The 103 runs very well, but like most people, I'm always thinking of changing things.

j f go

• Junior CVO Member
  • 112.77 HP 118 FT TQ
Re: 103 to 110
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:32:13 AM »

I've got a friend that had the dealer put a stage 4 kit on his bike,street glide,and now has around 115hp and 120ft tq for just over 3k. Not sure what you are trying to get for results ,but there's  an idea for you.  :2vrolijk_21: Maybe you could shed a little more lite on what you want, or want to do yourself, would get you some more insite from the guys here. No matter what you end up doing,good luck and let us know how you made out with your project or possibly your new ride :orange: Ride Safe

Fire4Effect

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:47:30 AM »

I've got a friend that had the dealer put a stage 4 kit on his bike,street glide,and now has around 115hp and 120ft tq for just over 3k. Not sure what you are trying to get for results ,but there's  an idea for you.  :2vrolijk_21: Maybe you could shed a little more lite on what you want, or want to do yourself, would get you some more insite from the guys here. No matter what you end up doing,good luck and let us know how you made out with your project or possibly your new ride :orange: Ride Safe

I'd like to get a few more HP while marinating drivability, nothing insane at this point. Since the 110 kits that match my bike are few and far between, I'd probably buy what I need one piece at a time. I know the 110's have had heat issues, but I'm guessing that more because of the tuning. I like the Stage IV numbers your friend got. Like I said, I'm trying to weigh my options vs. a new bike. I figure for about $10K I could deck mine out and it would be paid for and uniquely mine.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:51:30 AM »

Converting a 103 to a 110 requires complete disassembly of the engine and machining of the cases for the spigots of the larger cylinders.  So this is one of those Harley "upgrades" that isn't just a simple bolt on deal.  If you tear it completely down, inspect and replace any questionable parts, machine the cases, install the 110 specific new parts, etc., you will have several thousand dollars invested.  Before I would go that route I think I'd price the complete job (if you have many miles on the engine assume you will find other parts that need updating/replacing) and then compare to the cost of just replacing your engine with a crate engine like a 124 from S&S or the 120R from Harley.  If the 103 is in good condition you could sell it to defray the total cost of the upgrade.

Just a thought.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:13:14 AM »

From your avatar it appears you have an '05 SEEG and I believe there are more (better) aftermarket alternatives out there for what you want to accomplish... 107ci kit/upgrade is one of them I think but there are others on the site with more knowledge and experience that will be able to give you more (better) insight on what is available.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:09:20 AM »

If your 103 is running well and you just want more HP and torque why not look at a Procharger? Seems like an easy install ad you don't have to tear motor apart.

http://www.procharger.com/motorcycle.shtml

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.