Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thanks HD Engineers  (Read 2016 times)

Rat Patrol

• 2013 CVO Road King
Thanks HD Engineers
« on: May 16, 2013, 01:54:56 PM »

I was out the other day on my CVO RK, exploring some back roads on Mt. Hood when I came over a rise and surprise, the pavement ended and deposited me on fresh gravel at 55 MPH. I was shocked at how steady and unaffected the RK was. I rolled off the gas and gently applied the brakes, got her slowed down, U turn and back on my way. The bike acted like it was no big deal, however I did leave a little crease in the upholstry, I think you get the idea. I think sometimes some of us don't give enough credit to the HD Engineers that have done their homework on this bike. Two thumbs up to those guys, Thank You.

International Heat & Frost Insulators
Working Class: The class that built America

OKC13CVO

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Thanks HD Engineers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 04:04:01 PM »

Happy endings are always a good thing!

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »

Maybe the skill of the rider helped a little?   :nixweiss:  :2vrolijk_21:  Sounds like a warning road sign would've been handy.

Glad you're okay. 

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »

I agree good driving..
Bill

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »

Nice Looking Bike Pic.  The background is Cool for sure.  Why did you take of the lowers and do the speakers from the rear
function good enough.

Greg  :2vrolijk_21:

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »

Nothing like those Pucker Up moments to put everything in perspective.  Glad it was a good result!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 08:17:28 AM »

Seems there should have been a warning sign. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Vyscera

• Angsty Youth
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FXDFSE2- Taken out by a Ford
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:37 AM »

I had that happen to me on a TX ranch road. Nice little road, 60 MPH, big bend, then rough dirt n gravel. The bike handled fine, aside from some rocks jutting out of the ground. The weight does come in handy.
Motorbreath is how I live my life, I cant take it any other way...

harleybar7

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »

Had that happen on a stretch of RT66 in OK. Guess I wasn't on the right alignment of the old road. Came over a rise and nothing but rutted gravel. Problem was, I was the lead bike out of 6. There was S### goin every where tryin to not hit a rut and go down, oh and not hit anyone else. All ended well, every one handled it okay. I think off road riding experience comes in handy some times. So we all cleaned our shorts, called it an afternoon, stayed in the next town and had a beer or four or six or......
If Ailiens are looking for intelligent life, why are you scared?

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »

I was out the other day on my CVO RK, exploring some back roads on Mt. Hood when I came over a rise and surprise, the pavement ended and deposited me on fresh gravel at 55 MPH. I was shocked at how steady and unaffected the RK was. I rolled off the gas and gently applied the brakes, got her slowed down, U turn and back on my way. The bike acted like it was no big deal, however I did leave a little crease in the upholstry, I think you get the idea. I think sometimes some of us don't give enough credit to the HD Engineers that have done their homework on this bike. Two thumbs up to those guys, Thank You.

What road were you on, forest service roads? I was just wondering, we ride over Mt Hood sometimes when headed up the Gorge vs 84.
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

hdblackice2007

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »

:sauer021: i have a 2007 roadking just waiting for motor problems everyone talks about :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :deal2: :knife: :vrolijk_6: :sauer052: :stop: :beatdeadhorse: :furious3: :rifle: :rifle: :smilie_daumenneg: :smash: :book: :sunny: :furious: :furious: :stars: :thumbsdown: :smilie_eimer: :smilie_eimer: :smilie_eimer: :smilie_eimer: :hanged: :hanged: :hanged: :hanged: :hanged: :hanged: :sauer021: :skull: :sauer021: :skull: :sauer021: :skull: :sauer021: :juggle2: :sauer021: :juggle2: :sauer021: :juggle2: :sauer021: :juggle2: :vrolijk17: :love_3: :mean: :rolleyes3: :sauer055: :biker: :ons_5: :furious2: :furious2: :behead: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :behead2: :1syellow1: :knife: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Rat Patrol

• 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »

The road was up by Timothy Lake, all kinds of roads to explore up there. The fuel range of the bike really gives you some freedom to get way out there.

I took the lowers off just to see what it was like, it seems more like a motorcycle to me this way. The only music I need on Oregon's mountain roads is that 110 Motor.
International Heat & Frost Insulators
Working Class: The class that built America

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 09:11:58 PM »

The road was up by Timothy Lake, all kinds of roads to explore up there. The fuel range of the bike really gives you some freedom to get way out there.

I took the lowers off just to see what it was like, it seems more like a motorcycle to me this way. The only music I need on Oregon's mountain roads is that 110 Motor.
:2vrolijk_21:  Get what your saying for sure.  Enjoy, that is a good looking MC for sure.  It really does look good without the lowers.

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 25 queries.