Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Muffler replacement  (Read 779 times)

Major Dad

• 2013 FLHTCUSE8 CVO
Muffler replacement
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »

I am considering replacing the stock Screaming Eagle stock mufflers on my 2013 FLHTCUSE.  I have investigated Vance and Hines Monster Rounds and applicable Cobra models. Suggestions?

dicko

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
    • NV

Re: Muffler replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »

Take a look at the Fullsac Power Cores.  You can do the whole job for $119 and a couple of hours labor.  And, your bike still looks stock.
     -Dick-
-Dick-
2014 CVO Limited
Fullsac Stage I

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:11:03 AM »

Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 06:11:03 AM »

Check out Fullsac !!!! you will like them.
DND

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 06:25:01 AM »

Depending on thd look you are after you may want to just consider the stage 1 or 2 package and be done!
 Give Steve a call before you pull the trigger on anything!
Fullsac.com
 8)
HOGMIKE

mark

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 07:58:01 AM »

Depending on thd look you are after you may want to just consider the stage 1 or 2 package and be done!
 Give Steve a call before you pull the trigger on anything!
Fullsac.com
 8)
X2 (if cost is a consideration....Fullsac is the way to go)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 08:01:45 AM »

I am considering replacing the stock Screaming Eagle stock mufflers on my 2013 FLHTCUSE.  I have investigated Vance and Hines Monster Rounds and applicable Cobra models. Suggestions?

First off, Welcome to the forum.

Like the rest of the members here that have been on for some time and suggested their opinions.

There's a reason why. Fullsac is your one stop shop for a TTS Mastertune turner (1 of the best, if not the) headers, (reuse stock heat shields) reuse stock 4" cans and choose the CVO Power Cores of choice. 1.75", 2.0" 2.25" and the newest & loudest 2.50".

With a map to match your set up from Steve, forum member discount, great customer service before, during, and after, it hard to beat!

Do your homework and don't make a big $$$ mistake!

There's a reason why many member here use Fullsac, and it ain't because we all drink the Kool-aid.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »

I'd suggest going to a bike night, or to some other gathering of a bunch of bikes and listening to different mufflers.  Everyone's got a different idea of what sounds good, and the classified sections of every Harley forum are flush with barely-used mufflers that people bought because a bunch of strangers on the internet said they were the latest and the greatest.
The best you've had is the best you know.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »

There are many many choices out there. Check out the various pipes in use at any gathering, or just the patrons at the HD shop on a Saturday. There is nothing you can read that will help, you need to HEAR it. There many many pipes swapped just because they didn't sound as hoped.

A decision to consider: It sounds like you have a stock bike; are you planning to embark on an upgrade plan to include cams and other bits to really pick up the performance....or just hoping to change the sound a bit but not really mod the bike? Either plan is perfectly valid; it's worth thinking about as it could influence choices of pipes, tuner, other components.
Virtually any muffler change will reduce back pressure and make a re-flash of the ECM necessary. Usually, that will mean a "stage 1" flash with your mufflers and an air filter upgrade. (see how this starts?) If your plan will get 'deeper' down the road, you may want to consider a tuner as part of the plan. I happen to prefer the PowerVision but there are other choices out there as well.
When you talk to folks about their pipes, be sure to ask if they had it flashed or what other things they've done. Try to find the sound you like on a bike with mods that are similar to your plan.
Any muffler/pipe out there will sound different on a stock bike than it will sound on a 'built' engine.
Good Luck!
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.