Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Street Cannons on a 110?  (Read 3055 times)

Bearcat1

• Full CVO Member
  • "I fly on the wings of Red Eagle"
Street Cannons on a 110?
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:20:09 PM »

According to the proper applications in the Harley parts catalog the new Street Cannon mufflers cannot be used on a bike with the 110" motor.  Why is this??

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Street Cannons on a 110?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:59:17 PM »

According to the proper applications in the Harley parts catalog the new Street Cannon mufflers cannot be used on a bike with the 110" motor.  Why is this??

Most likely because they aren't EPA certified on the 110 in3 bikes.  The mufflers Harley sells in the regular catalog these days all meet EPA requirements, and rather than spell it out when they won't meet either emissions or sound regs on a particular model, they just say they won't fit.  They will fit.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Bearcat1

• Full CVO Member
  • "I fly on the wings of Red Eagle"
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »

Most likely because they aren't EPA certified on the 110 in3 bikes.  The mufflers Harley sells in the regular catalog these days all meet EPA requirements, and rather than spell it out when they won't meet either emissions or sound regs on a particular model, they just say they won't fit.  They will fit.

Jerry

That's what I was thinking.  Thanks Jerry.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 08:12:40 AM »

Who cares about the stinking EPA?  I guess if you live in a state that has regs you have to, but really, some A@@ hole politician with more government control!  What happened to our freedom!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 09:25:02 AM »

Who cares about the stinking EPA?  I guess if you live in a state that has regs you have to, but really, some A@@ hole politician with more government control!  What happened to our freedom!

Hmmmmmm.  So you think breathing filthy air, drinking contaminated water, and losing your hearing is preferable to EPA regulations?  Trust me, without the changes brought forth by environmental regulations over the past forty years, anyone living downwind or downstream from any sort of big industry or big city would definitely wish they didn't.  All that freedom talk sounds nice if you live out in the middle of the wilderness, but unfortunately the vast majority of the population lives where the pollution is.  Funny thing about that, most of the pollution is created by the people and it follows them when they pick up and move somewhere else.  And people (corporations are people too according to the Supremes) wouldn't police themselves if the EPA didn't exist.  Study a little history and that becomes obvious.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »

Hmmmmmm.  So you think breathing filthy air, drinking contaminated water, and losing your hearing is preferable to EPA regulations?  Trust me, without the changes brought forth by environmental regulations over the past forty years, anyone living downwind or downstream from any sort of big industry or big city would definitely wish they didn't.  All that freedom talk sounds nice if you live out in the middle of the wilderness, but unfortunately the vast majority of the population lives where the pollution is.  Funny thing about that, most of the pollution is created by the people and it follows them when they pick up and move somewhere else.  And people (corporations are people too according to the Supremes) wouldn't police themselves if the EPA didn't exist.  Study a little history and that becomes obvious.

JMHO - Jerry
Ok read your rant, I'm off to piss off the town with my loud non EPA certified pipe now  :P

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.