Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I finally ordered pipes!  (Read 2163 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
I finally ordered pipes!
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:42 PM »

Well....after a lot of frustration with Vance and Hines on the release of the Big Radius 2-into-2 (or anything for that matter), I started calling other manufacturers.  I know Bassani makes the Road Rage and they said their Rocker pipes would fit, and I also talked with Freedom Performance.  The have a pipe called the Amendment.  It is in between the length of the Short Shots and the Big Shots.  I called them and they actually test fit their Rocker pipes and they all worked.  So I started looking online and I found the Dennis Kirk had them on close out for 41% off!  Pipes with 02 sensor adapters for $300 shipped.....you can't beat that!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: I finally ordered pipes!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »

Here is a video....

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »

Well....after a lot of frustration with Vance and Hines on the release of the Big Radius 2-into-2 (or anything for that matter), I started calling other manufacturers.  I know Bassani makes the Road Rage and they said their Rocker pipes would fit, and I also talked with Freedom Performance.  The have a pipe called the Amendment.  It is in between the length of the Short Shots and the Big Shots.  I called them and they actually test fit their Rocker pipes and they all worked.  So I started looking online and I found the Dennis Kirk had them on close out for 41% off!  Pipes with 02 sensor adapters for $300 shipped.....you can't beat that!

Just curious if you know how they sound?  That's at least half of the process in choosing exhaust for me.  It's got to have a specific sound I am looking for, otherwise, it's a no-goAlso, just my opinion, but at that price point I would be very concerned about bluing of the chrome-are you familiar with how their exhausts hold up over time?  One thing I have always liked about V/H and Rinehart(the only brands I personally have any experience with), is their chrome quality.  guaranteed never to blue or change color in any way and that's always been my experience.
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:39:48 PM »

Ive seen a few bikes now with freedoms on them. They are loud compared to the equivalent V&H pipe. But I never liked the quality of fit of the Freedoms, maybe it was just the installer but the Slash cuts never lined up and the pipes were never parallel looking down from above.

But saying that any pipe is better than what we get as standard.  8)
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »

Just curious if you know how they sound?  That's at least half of the process in choosing exhaust for me.  It's got to have a specific sound I am looking for, otherwise, it's a no-goAlso, just my opinion, but at that price point I would be very concerned about bluing of the chrome-are you familiar with how their exhausts hold up over time?  One thing I have always liked about V/H and Rinehart(the only brands I personally have any experience with), is their chrome quality.  guaranteed never to blue or change color in any way and that's always been my experience.

I've read reviews and they've been pretty good.  The guy I talked to said that one of the original designers for V&H started this company when V&H was purchased.  They have all of the same warranties as V&H.  They retailed for $500....they are just a close out at that price.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »

Another video...

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 05:12:41 AM »

[/quote]

Whew!  Finally Nicky  ;D  Don't forget to post some pics.  I'm glad you still have the Breakout.  When you get the pipes on and riding weather arrives, you will love your bike!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »

:worthless:

Come on Nicky P!

Where are the pics?
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 08:48:49 PM »

Well...I opted for the Big Radius 2 into 2s instead.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »

Well...I opted for the Big Radius 2 into 2s instead.

I knew he would come around eventually   :P
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.