Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ipod volume low  (Read 962 times)

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
Ipod volume low
« on: April 29, 2013, 12:58:19 PM »

When I connect my Ipod and play it, the volume is very low even when the Ipod and radio volume is at max. tried reconnecting the Ipod, still the same thing. any suggestions

Sharkbiker

Re: Ipod volume low
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »

I have the same problem.  I took off the ipod and checked the volume control on it separately.  Turn the iPod volume all the way up, check and make sure the sound control is off.  Then plug back in the iPod and it should be a little bit louder.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »

if you are plugging in the ipod into the ipod controller, then the volume on the ipod itself will have no effect.  only if you are plugging it into the aux connection on the faceplate of the hk.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »

On your Ipod,
Go into Menu,  then Settings, then Volume Limit, now check to see if this setting is at max., next hit the Menu to scroll back one screen, scroll to Sound Check, make sure this is turned off, scroll up to EQ., set eq. to your preference, I prefer the setting to be Rock.
Next push menu several times to scroll back to the Settings screen, scroll up to Music, push and your done.
Hopefully this helped.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:36:49 AM by Hawg »
Hawg

fukngitit

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:17:34 PM »

Im glad Im not the only one with this problem. I have tried everything and even had my 14 yr old son look at the ipod (since kids these days are more tech savey) and he couldnt figure it out either. I asked the dealership if they knew and the service writer didnt know beans from bullchit about it. On my 1000 mile service, Im gonna have the tech look into the problem and hopefully they know something about it. If not then Im gonna sell the ipod interface and just use the aux plug in since it plays as loud as the radio

fukngitit

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »

I done some research last night after I read this post and it started to make me curious about how to fix this issue. I plugged my ipod into my pc and opened up itunes. Go to edit: select all, once all the songs are highlighted then right click: get info, then click on options and slide the volume all the way over to the right. This will increase the volume of your music

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.