Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tuner in the northeast???  (Read 1057 times)

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Tuner in the northeast???
« on: May 16, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »

So I have finally got myself fed up with how terrible my bike runs at low rpms with the CFR's.  I love what it puts out when you run it on the ragged edge of red line but even that seems to be a little flat some days.  I bought the bike set up the way it is, and have had zero luck with Baltimore HD (the shop who originally set it up and tuned it) trying to get information on what I should change to straighten it out.  As it is they are over 500 miles from home here in NH so i am not likely to go to them to have them do anything with it even if I could get any decent help from them.  So now on to my original question, anyone on here know of or is a competent builder/tuner int eh new england area or close to that I can contact to see if I can get this thing running the way it should???  Thanks in advance !!!!!
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: Tuner in the northeast???
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »

So I have finally got myself fed up with how terrible my bike runs at low rpms with the CFR's.  I love what it puts out when you run it on the ragged edge of red line but even that seems to be a little flat some days.  I bought the bike set up the way it is, and have had zero luck with Baltimore HD (the shop who originally set it up and tuned it) trying to get information on what I should change to straighten it out.  As it is they are over 500 miles from home here in NH so i am not likely to go to them to have them do anything with it even if I could get any decent help from them.  So now on to my original question, anyone on here know of or is a competent builder/tuner int eh new england area or close to that I can contact to see if I can get this thing running the way it should???  Thanks in advance !!!!!

For a builder you might try Hillside Cycle and Joe's Cycle for the tune.  They often work together and both located upstate NY.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »

Do you have a local dealer you like? See who they use. I am getting mine dyno'd next week. Love my new exhaust but want to get it dyno'd as it is running rich and I want to get it running perfect. Then get the tuner that the dyno guy likes to work with
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:51:30 PM »

Little further away, but top shelf try Ken Puzio at Black Hills Custom in NJ.   He can build it and dyno tune it and it won't be mega compression or inflated numbers.  Another choice would be in Maine you have Big Boyz and a tuner that Doc1 Trained is Brian at Zepka's HD Penn. would be good choice.

Good luck with your upgrades / tuning let us know how you make out.

http://www.blackhillscustomparts.com/  
Tele (973) 983-0200

http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

http://www.zepka.com/default.asp
Zepka Harley-Davidson Inc.

960 Eisenhower Blvd.

Johnstown, PA 15904

814-262-7777
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 10:07:34 PM »

http://www.jdscycleworks.com/

Dave is another guy that Doc endorses, and I hear nothing but good things about him (Dave, that is...and Doc too  ;D)
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 01:06:25 AM »

http://www.jdscycleworks.com/

Dave is another guy that Doc endorses, and I hear nothing but good things about him (Dave, that is...and Doc too  ;D)

Dave is awesome and sadly closed his shop. He is now strictly a tuner and motor builder at Pocono Mt Harley Davisdon in PA

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 07:15:00 AM »

Give ROB at ROB'S DYNO TUNING a call He's in Garderner Ma!

SSTuner

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 09:10:10 AM »

http://www.skipscycles.com/

Highly recommended and close to you.  Give him a call.
Ray
2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
Starfire Black

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »

Thanks for all the great recommendations!! I was able to talk with Scott at Hillside Saturday at length about what is going on with my bike. He game me some good advice and I am in the research stage about getting some documented information of what really has been done to my bike before he could make any concrete recommendations. I will update when I get deeper into it, and Scott, thanks again for your time Saturday!!! This guy is a true class act!!!
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »

Dave is awesome and sadly closed his shop. He is now strictly a tuner and motor builder at Pocono Mt Harley Davisdon in PA

Rich

Dave is still willing to help people oout even at the new job, so do not let that stop anyone. Just works under a different name but still the same great person to deal with.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.