Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Improved ride with my new ST shocks  (Read 885 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Improved ride with my new ST shocks
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:20:27 AM »

Thank you Jim (hd-dude) and Suspension Technologies for the improved ride on my MC.   :2vrolijk_21:  My mechanic installed my 13" shocks yesterday and I couldn't believe the difference in the way it handled on my ride home.  The shocks actually took the bumps, not my backside!    ::). The whole MC felt tighter in a positive way.  Cornering was also greatly improved.  These shocks help pull the MC into the curves.  I am very happy with the great improvement I was searching for.., Are you listening MoCo. :nixweiss:

Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Improved ride with my new ST shocks
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »

Very nice, Judy!

I really have no complaints about my rear shocks. But I do have the Traxxion AK-20 cartridges in the forks... So maybe they help enough that I don't notice any slop there might be in the rear. I have my shocks set at 9 turns - right in the middle of the range. Maybe I should crank them up a couple of more turns.

Did the 13" shocks raise your rear end any? And how much do they cost?

Thanks!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »

Very nice, Judy!

I really have no complaints about my rear shocks. But I do have the Traxxion AK-20 cartridges in the forks... So maybe they help enough that I don't notice any slop there might be in the rear. I have my shocks set at 9 turns - right in the middle of the range. Maybe I should crank them up a couple of more turns.

Did the 13" shocks raise your rear end any? And how much do they cost?

Thanks!

Ken

I can't tell visually that it looks higher Ken.  Jim suggested that I go with the 13" to allow for more travel in the shocks.  He said that it would raise the back 1/2" to 3/4" but I can't notice cause my feet are still flat footed on the ground.  Very happy that I went with the 13"   Cost I believe was around $500 with tax.  Best money I ever spent besides my reverse!   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »

Thank you Jim (hd-dude) and Suspension Technologies for the improved ride on my MC.   :2vrolijk_21:  My mechanic installed my 13" shocks yesterday and I couldn't believe the difference in the way it handled on my ride home.  The shocks actually took the bumps, not my backside!    ::). The whole MC felt tighter in a positive way.  Cornering was also greatly improved.  These shocks help pull the MC into the curves.  I am very happy with the great improvement I was searching for.., Are you listening MoCo. :nixweiss:

Great choice Judy!  Bought mine from Jim as well (12 in) and the ride is far superior to the progressive 440's they replaced.  You'll really enjoy them riding the twisties in the Valley!  Shoulda gone chrome though! :2vrolijk_21:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »

Thanks for the info, Judy. Glad you like them!

Oh BTW... Very nice, clean, and SHINY rear wheel! Mine had gotten absolutely FILTHY, as well as the front one... So a couple of weeks ago I finally took the simichrome to them and got both all clean and shiny again. Makes a big difference.

I'm just glad the Agitator wheels have only seven spokes! I love the CVO Breakout wheels, but I could not imagine having to clean and polish them. That would be an all-afternoon, MULTI- :drink: job, for sure!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 25 queries.