Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 28 more days of waiting for my 110" SEUC  (Read 736 times)

Rhino

28 more days of waiting for my 110" SEUC
« on: October 07, 2006, 09:33:34 PM »

After looking through the boards, I had to put my wish list together, and a question is whether to wait for my 1st service at 1K, or do some mods right away before I roll out of town?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 28 more days of waiting for my 110" SEUC
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »

After looking through the boards, I had to put my wish list together, and a question is whether to wait for my 1st service at 1K, or do some mods right away before I roll out of town?  

Is there any reason behind the break in before mods, or more of a dealer issue?
Where I am picking this brand new shiny 07 SEUC B/O up is 570 miles from home base, so my servicing dealer is way dif than the place I bought. .....

So, any comments on the above? Ya think I'm goin in the right direction? My beer says so..but I would appreciate some input.  

Rhino
When you ask of mods "right away before I roll out of town" are you meaning having the dealer you purchase the bike from put these on? If that were the case I would probably say I don't see any benefit of having after market parts put on at purchasing dealer. If they were OEM parts then I would say most certainly then they would be covered under MoCo's two-year warranty. Since they are aftermarket parts you may want to have your "servicing" dealer install them in case there are issues down the road w/product or install they would most likely honor/back-up there work.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Rhino

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 11:30:10 PM »

Well, it would be lil ol ME doing the work, no sense at all, for dealer to do anything to it. Just that I can have parts wating for me when I go and pick it up, and loose the stock parts w the dealer, or, shipp them home and then start my colloection of parts down here. I guess I was asking if the 'break in' period mattererred one way or tuther for new parts out of the box.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 08:57:35 AM »

Just like a kid at Christmas a few sleepless nights and it will be here.  Wev'e all been there,  got a big stack of parts waiting for it yet??  
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 09:50:27 AM »

Rhino,

As for your list of first mods, IMHO you can't go wrong with V&H.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:51:55 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rhino

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 11:08:57 AM »

Thanks Magoo & GRC,

Makes sense to wait as you said, but from what I am reading, the stock bike will get wiped out by a SE kit build 103 from stock 06.  But never the less, I guess I will wait and have stuff dropped ship here to FL. But I will have my PickupT at Biketoberfest to drive home, I hope, with pipes and the like.  Seems not everything for options is not exactly ready yet.

I did see some front end 07 V & H on Ebay for 322 I think, so its a start.

The Dougherty has the cannisters that route fumes back, unless you add the seperate airfilter inline.  But me too, I will fume it back to the intake. A little extra oil mist aint gonna hurt, and it will allow the breather to breathe better without back pressure.

About the TMax, the attraction is the auto tune.  And here is gets confusing.  Sert, PClll, TMax, DFO, Terry< they all claim to be the best.  Throw in FuelPak by V & H and TwinTec too.   Is there any truth out there?  Is there a device that has an adjustment to make sure that in all ranges, you can pick your perfect A/F ratio. I figure 14 +- is a good cruise, but 12 +- for that zippy feeeling.... Thunder claims a gazillion combinations of their AlphaN, so thats why in theory it may be right on.

Thanks Guys,
Rhino

Hope to hookk up with some at BTF, Anyone know of plans for a rondezvous anywhere?

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.