Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno Run Today  (Read 2217 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Dyno Run Today
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

I'm hoping this posts well enough to see.  Am I wrong, or did I just get a really lousy dyno?  From 1500 to 3000 rpm looks bad to me for the torque.  Also, should the AFR be running along the 14 or the 13.5:1 range?  It seems to run pretty nice as I approach 3000 rpm's, but below that it's certainly not tossing me backwards in my seat.  At least I can be pretty certain they don't exaggerate their numbers there.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Dyno Run Today
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »

I'm hoping this posts well enough to see.  Am I wrong, or did I just get a really lousy dyno?  From 1500 to 3000 rpm looks bad to me for the torque.  Also, should the AFR be running along the 14 or the 13.5:1 range?  It seems to run pretty nice as I approach 3000 rpm's, but below that it's certainly not tossing me backwards in my seat.  At least I can be pretty certain they don't exaggerate their numbers there.

I have to say it's a very poor tune....sorry. Go see Brian Beckley at Zepka Harley Davidson in Johnstown....he will get your baby to run like it should.
814-262-7777
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 10:32:42 PM »

I was going to say it looks like no tune at all, just a download perhaps? 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 10:43:38 PM »

It's a bit of a trip, but Dave Stoddart (former owner of JD's Cycleworks) is now working at Pocono Mountain HD.  He's one of the best tuners in the country.

http://www.poconohd.com
The best you've had is the best you know.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:26:15 AM »

Yes, it doesn't look like much from here either.
Scott

hogasm

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »

Post your build info then all the pro's :coolblue: will have a better idea of what your sheet should look like......

TorqueInc

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »

Looks a little scary....how long did the tune take ?
2011 SG Sedona Orange 105" 125/123

www.jwperf.com

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »

Looks a little scary....how long did the tune take ?

According to the chart the first warm-up run was at 12:30 pm, and the fourth and final run was at 1:59 pm.  Looking at the results, I'm assuming there was a lunch break in the middle of that time frame as well.  

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 04:31:59 PM »

It's a bit of a trip, but Dave Stoddart (former owner of JD's Cycleworks) is now working at Pocono Mountain HD.  He's one of the best tuners in the country.

http://www.poconohd.com

X2 :2vrolijk_21:
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »

According to the chart the first warm-up run was at 12:30 pm, and the fourth and final run was at 1:59 pm.  Looking at the results, I'm assuming there was a lunch break in the middle of that time frame as well.  

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.  I didn't even notice that.  On top of this, he put some deep scratches in my exhaust heat shields, and I found that none of the clamps on the front heat shield were tightened back up.  I don't even know how it stayed on there, as they weren't screwed together at all.  Yes, I've already called multiple times to complain and I'm going out there the first chance I get.  I'm hoping the service manager is there tomorrow.  I rode from Pittsburgh to Niagara Falls and back since yesterday, so I've put 600+ miles on since I picked it up on Thursday.  At least I'm able to ride it, but the only range it felt good in was from 3000 rpm's and up, which is pretty consistent with the dyno graph.

As far as the build on the bike, it is stock other than V&H Power Duals, Rush 4" mufflers with 2.5" baffles, the stock Ventilator air cleaner, and the SESPT.  If anybody has a dyno graph for another stock 110" with the Power Duals and mufflers added, it would be nice if I could have something to show them what I was expecting. 

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.