Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Ultra Problems  (Read 6984 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
2012 Ultra Problems
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »

Bike is just under 2 years old with 45,000 miles and here is what has gone wrong so far.
* Both tank emblems came loose.
* Heated hand grips failed and replaced
* Heated seat failed and replaced
* Ipod cable crapped out and replaced
* Paint on front fairing pealing dealer repaired
* Wire to motor broke and bike towed to dealer, wire replaced
* Seat fell apart and replaced
* Second time wire broke to motor and bike towed to dealer. Dealer replaced another wire.
* when I put on my flashers and the key is off all of my gauges and radio flash. Still not fixed.

How sad is this. Even with all that gone bad I still think I'm ahead of the game. This bike is much better then the 2009 CVO Ultra I had....
Bill

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
Re: 2012 Ultra Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »

Bike is just under 2 years old with 45,000 miles and here is what has gone wrong so far.
* Second time wire broke to motor and bike towed to dealer. Dealer replaced another wire.
* when I put on my flashers and the key is off all of my gauges and radio flash. Still not fixed.

How sad is this. Even with all that gone bad I still think I'm ahead of the game. This bike is much better then the 2009 CVO Ultra I had....

I know your woes. I've had problems with my 2012 SESG as well:

At 8000km motor was rebuilt.
At 10000km clutch master cylinder was replaced
At 20000km spark plug threads were replaced when the threads were ruined during removal. Dealer put a helicoil in there as they claim they couldn't find a new 110 head for weeks. Somehow I find that hard to beleive. 
One of the speaker gaskets in the saddlebag needs to be replaced as well.

This thing makes so much noise it sounds like it will fall apart any time but still keeps ticking. I guess I must go with it !

It has 25000km now. Let's hope for the best
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »

I had lots of problems with my '12 SESG, too.

I ended up trading for a '13 SE Ultra, and I can't believe how much better the '13 runs.  Another member here has the same model/color SESG that I had, and he's had several very expensive problems, as well.  Must have been a bad batch of parts or poor assemblers??

In fact, the dealership who sold my trade-in told me that it sold immediately, but the new owner has brought it back in a few times because of all the noises. 

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »

Well I hope thats not the case with all 12 seuc, as I just picked up the same one even same color.  I was going to get a 14 ultra limited (non CVO) but got a chance to buy this for 2 k less than the 14 limited was going to cost. It being a CVO seemed a no brainer.  Of course I did lots of reading on the 12, 13 cvo's and some of the handling problems and some of the other problems with them, but figured that usually its a very small percentage of people that have those issues.  Well I've had it a month now and I think the problem is in my head but the handling on hwy at 70 mph isn't the greatest.  My last bike just ran straight down the road, this one seems to be squirrley than it should.  So far no quality issues, it does only have 3k miles though.  Any advice on what else to watch for?

hep0950

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:56:57 PM »

Knock on wood, we haven't had many problems with our 2012 CVO Ultra. They had two left passenger floorboards on it and had to find the Ipod when we first got it, and then the voltage regulator went out and the dealer took care of that quickly since we were leaving for a motorcycle cruise. They found one in another city. Then the right saddle bag lock actuator went bad, but that may have been because of a leak in a cooler I had in that bag, but they replaced it. I have a little over 9000 miles on it now.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »

Well I've had it a month now and I think the problem is in my head but the handling on hwy at 70 mph isn't the greatest.  My last bike just ran straight down the road, this one seems to be squirrley than it should.  S

The problem isn't in your head, it is in the chisel wheels.  There have been quite a few of us who had this same issue.  We resolved it by changing the front wheel to a different model.  There are several threads discussing this.  Here is one:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=86064.0
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:28:43 PM »

My 2012 FLHTCUSE7 runs & shifts great!  It's the best bike I've ever owned!  Other than the right tank emblem coming a little loose, I haven't had any problems!  It tracks great, and I have the Chisel wheels, which I love the looks.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:38:54 PM by Kingspoke »
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

hep0950

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 02:45:26 AM »

I have no problems with my 2012 CVO Ultra either, and have the chiseled wheels.

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »

There are some who have that problem and some who don't. For those who don't, have you done any mods to your tires and/or suspension?
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 04:44:51 PM »

There are some who have that problem and some who don't. For those who don't, have you done any mods to your tires and/or suspension?
Only 440 progressives alls well rides straight no hands cruise on or off ,
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.