Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screamin Eagle Performance Mufflers Baffles Question?  (Read 5305 times)

DLSSOJC

• Junior CVO Member
Screamin Eagle Performance Mufflers Baffles Question?
« on: June 22, 2013, 09:50:20 PM »

Hey guys, I have the Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers on my 05 FLHTCSE2, and they have a nice deep rumble and sound which is much better than the stock mufflers. They have the removable baffles in them that attach with 3 screws at the end, which also hold on the billet end caps. I am looking for a little more volume (sound) out of them, and I was looking at the baffles and they don't appear to be easily modified (passageway too restrictive)? I used to have a set of the touring pipes made by Kerker on my 03 Road King, that the baffles were easy to modify and had great sound from them afterwards. But these are made a little different than those. Has anybody found a different baffle to replace these with to get more volume out of them? Or is there a way to successfully modify these baffles? All input is appreciated.

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
Re: Screamin Eagle Performance Mufflers Baffles Question?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 07:05:08 AM »

Hi ,
You may want to give Fullsac a call, they do a lot of recores for standard mufflers, would think they have something for you, have used them before and they supply good quality parts.  Good luck.
WHUFC   COYI

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 07:22:22 AM »

X2
DND

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »

Sounds like your running the 65115-98b SE mufflers with the removable canister baffle, HD quit production on them in 07 due to tightened EPA restrictions, IMHO they were about the best sounding mufflers Harley sold at that time. Ive experimented with a number of baffles, you can remove the canister pull the inner baffle out by removing the spot welds on the outer outlet  cap but its not worth the trouble, the baffles look restrictive from the end but they are not, the inlet and outlet holes are straight through but there is a deflector that blocks the view and give the appearance that they are sealed but in reality the baffles are straight through with a chamber in between, I still have a couple of sets stashed away, I have tinnitus that I attribute to years of loud mufflers and wind noise, I wear ear plugs religiously now that the damage is done lol I sure wouldn't want them any louder, you can flatten the deflector with a ground stake or other large steel rod and gain a few db's without much trouble.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:19:51 AM by dartman »

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.