Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Hawg Wired RS-400 Amp and 6.5 ZX speakers arrived today  (Read 1802 times)

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
New Hawg Wired RS-400 Amp and 6.5 ZX speakers arrived today
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »

Oh yah...the UPS Lady arrived with my new Hawg Wired RS-400 Amp and the 6.5" ZX speakers and necessary mounting stuff that I got from Dragos (killer deal...if you say it real fast and don't have an ol lady to have to explane it to). Mike with Hawg Wired also sent along their new adapter for the CVO that makes the hookup all plug and play.  :bananarock: no wire cutting  :cucumber:

I am going to do the install on Saturday I will take pic's and give you guys a play by play.

I cannot get HD to address my OEM amp cutting out, so I decided to fix it myself. I spent to much $$$ for this thing to get pissed every time I ride it and the amp starts cutting out. but that's another story.
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: New Hawg Wired RS-400 Amp and 6.5 ZX speakers arrived today
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »

i want pics!! :bananarock:

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:27:16 PM »

Hawg Wired makes excellent equipment and its what I use most. It's made in the USA also. I'm sure you'll love it when you get it tuned in to your liking. They scream and don't get muddy sounding with high volume.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »

The bad part:
Well....Hog Wired ZX speakers and the Hawg Wired speaker adapters will not work with the CVO without the Harley Standard Roadglide round speaker mounts. You have to replace the CVO 5" x 7" speaker mounts with them, and then you can start mounting the HW adapters and then the HW ZX 6.5's. I remember reading on another thread something about this, I guess I should have paid more attention Those are now ordered.

Bike is tore down and Amp and crossovers are mounted.

The Good Part:
Mike with Hawg Wired took my call very early (West Coast Time) and was great to work with as I scratched my head and tried to figure what I was doing wrong and why this configuration would not line up. Great people to work with.

I will finish this project next weekend and will post pictures and a review of the system upon completion
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.