Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blue Jester with D&D Fat Cat  (Read 1285 times)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
Blue Jester with D&D Fat Cat
« on: October 14, 2006, 11:42:26 PM »

Got the new Fatcats/SE Air filter and tuner on today and the sound is great and power is awesome. A lot deeper sound than Rienhearts.Went with the street baffle.

Had Rinehearts on the last SEEG and with all the issues that went along with them just thought it was time for a change. Time will tell with the Fatcats. Still not used to just one pipe on a bagger. Guess ghost pipe will be shipped at later date.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Blue Jester with D&D Fat Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 11:51:28 PM »

Sky,

Sweet looking pipe setup! I have a question about your photo. The passenger floorboard position, will the floorboard on the other side setup the same way? I just picked mine up taday and when I got it home my wife sat on it and immediately noticed that the left side was farther back then the right side. The right side was set up exactly like the one in your photo above. However, when I went to move the one on the left to match it, due to the way the notch was cut out and the primary case, it would not roll all the way forward. It would only roll forward a little so that the linkage is staight up but no further forward.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »

Did you get the ghost pipe yet??

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 07:52:16 PM »

No Ghost pipe yet. Said three to four weeks lead time. Sure looks bare on the left side. They can barely keep up with the demand for the 07 pipes. I have the street baffle in mine. They are quiter than my old rinehearts were on SEEG. Was told there is race baffle which would be too loud and a quite baffle that does not lose any power? Would like to hear the quite baffle sometime. Might just go ahead and order one for only $40.00

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 07:55:07 PM »

Hey Robmay, Did you get your passenger floorboard postion figured out yet? Mine will adjust in any position. Good luck.
Sky,

Sweet looking pipe setup! I have a question about your photo. The passenger floorboard position, will the floorboard on the other side setup the same way? I just picked mine up taday and when I got it home my wife sat on it and immediately noticed that the left side was farther back then the right side. The right side was set up exactly like the one in your photo above. However, when I went to move the one on the left to match it, due to the way the notch was cut out and the primary case, it would not roll all the way forward. It would only roll forward a little so that the linkage is staight up but no further forward.

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 09:47:40 PM »

MY WIFE'S A LIL TALLER AND MY PASS. FLOORBOARDS ARE IN BOTTOM HOLE .CAN YOU STILL DO THAT WITH YOUR NEW D AND D'S

DanR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE BLUE
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 01:30:07 AM »

skycuse2

Bike looks great. Can I ask where you bought the D&D Pipes. Also when you ordered, are your saying you can pick the baffle ??

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:32:15 AM by DanR »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 08:06:10 AM »

Hey Robmay, Did you get your passenger floorboard postion figured out yet? Mine will adjust in any position. Good luck.

No. I have not messed with them anymore yet. I will probably mess with them at Daytona this week as my wife is recooping from neck surgery and we will just be realxing at the campground on the beach!!! I will have lots of time to piddle as i only plan on riding over to Destination Daytona for one day (probably Thursday) to look for some mufflers.
Thanks for your message.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 08:07:03 AM »

MY WIFE'S A LIL TALLER AND MY PASS. FLOORBOARDS ARE IN BOTTOM HOLE .CAN YOU STILL DO THAT WITH YOUR NEW D AND D'S

Thats a good question.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 08:03:36 PM »

NO longer able to use bottom hole with Fatcats but can adjust arm another 3/4inch lower once in middle hole if needed.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 08:09:45 PM »

Im told you can order the quite baffle installed in pipe for $40.00 extra on top of pipes. But do not hold me too it because I ordered mine with street baffles that come standard. Also there is a race baffle that im sure would helped my dyno #s but way to loud for me. I ordered mine though my local stealer with a 20% speacial they had going.
Goodluck.
skycuse2

Bike looks great. Can I ask where you bought the D&D Pipes. Also when you ordered, are your saying you can pick the baffle ??

CLKKELLEY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »

You can get the QUIET BAFFLE in a NEW-PURCHASE set of '07 Fat Cats for $40, BUT if you already have the regular or performance baffles in your Fat Cat mufflers, you have to buy a NEW set of mufflers for around $400 to go to the Quiets!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:45:17 AM by CLKKELLEY »
PROUD TO BE A NEW MEMBER OF THE CVO FAMILY!!  HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS IS TILL DEAD!!

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.