Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: audio problem!  (Read 625 times)

jcd520

audio problem!
« on: September 09, 2013, 10:51:11 AM »

I have a problem I need advice on-
I have the arc 125/2 with 4 focal, krc165s in my 2012 SERG. Harmon Kardon head unit.
Rode my bike about 400 miles on Saturday , no problems.
Sunday morning when I started it up , no sound at all. All displays work as usual but no sound.
Checked every fuse on both bike and amp , none blown.
 Fairing is off now, all wiring is intact and clean, can't find the problem-------------fan on the amp comes on with ignition but no AM, no FM no ipod, no Weather band and no CD sound at all. Display on  radio works as usual but all is quiet,----------------Any ideas???????????

It has to be the head unit or the amp I think ---------Not going to take it to the dealership so let me know what to look for please.

mattm

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
Re: audio problem!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »

Speaker switch?

jcd520

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »

I talked to Pete at Soundz Customz yesterday while I had the fairing off , I pressed the speaker input switch on the amp (out ) and then clicked it back in again , and the sound came back on. ---------------He  says probably an output problem in the head unit---------a known problem. Anyway I put it all back together and will try it again.
They (soundz) will exhchange a head unit for 280.00 -------so if the problem continues thats what I will do.
I refuse to let a dealer work on my bike unless they let me take out the radio and they give me a new one and let me put it in.  -------------I might be able to get that done but I doubt it -------the bike is still in warranty.

As for going to another head unit , Pete says even the Marine grade head units available are not truly waterproof so if I ride in the rain , which I do , it will not be really bulletproof.
So for now I have fixed the problem , or at least postponed it .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »

You might also check a shop called Iron Cross Audio.  Many here (me included) have had excellent experiences with their work on the HK head units.  They've got a flat fee $250 price for repairs and upgrades to the units that help to eliminate future failures. 

If interested check them out here:

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

jcd520

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 06:35:12 PM »

Thats who soundz uses to fix radios they replace with aftermarket units.
I will either fix mine or get an exchange one from Pete if needed -------------That way I can take mine out , put in the new one in the same day---------------no riding days missed!

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.