FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: 2014
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »

I picked the 13 Anniversary model because it had some black!  I have never ridden with the lowers & the speakers in the bags was not a selling feature.  So it seems they nailed the 14's from my point of view, but I'm not a fan of the new bags or this years paint, but the price is better!! 
I love the new bags after seeing them in person, they open and close much easier, hold more stuff.  Their are already HD lids available for them with speakers.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »

I really dig the 14 CVO Road King on Orange/Black....probably my favorite CVO of all time. I am on the fence about trading my Streetglide. I just haven't bonded with the Batwing and this one is my 3rd. I also can't stand plastic lowers.  I think they made a lot of good changes on the 14...motor improvements, suspension, bags, painted nacelle and cowbells, and lighting. Dropping the stereo and lowers while lowering the price is just a bonus. I also like the blacked out cases on the motor way more than the granite cases. The blacked out covers give it a modern, up to date look. I think I have just about talked myself into one.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »

I have had mine 14  for 3 weeks and it is by far better than the 07 even with Bitubos and Traxion front end. Don't think  I will have to put any money in except seat and handle bars. Great bike. Just love the Tribal Orange and black. At first I was hesitant about the shiny black but after seeing it is person. They did a great job on the bike. O I did have to get the head light ring  powder coated Black to  match the aux head lights.  A little more paint and less chrome for the wife to clean.  And very happy I waited to 14 as the bags are great and never thought the Road king should have radio. The bat    wings have them  and the roadk ing is supposed to be a bare bones touring bike.     Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2013, 06:23:08 PM »

I have had mine 14  for 3 weeks and it is by far better than the 07 even with Bitubos and Traxion front end. Don't think  I will have to put any money in except seat and handle bars. Great bike. Just love the Tribal Orange and black. At first I was hesitant about the shiny black but after seeing it is person. They did a great job on the bike. O I did have to get the head light ring  powder coated Black to  match the aux head lights.  A little more paint and less chrome for the wife to clean.  And very happy I waited to 14 as the bags are great and never thought the Road king should have radio. The bat    wings have them  and the roadk ing is supposed to be a bare bones touring bike.     Billy

Billy,
Any photos of the back headlight bezel?

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 06:27:33 PM »

not for about a week. They just picked it up. But I will post when I get done.  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.