Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 14 CVO RK or 14 Street Glide Special  (Read 5293 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: 14 CVO RK or 14 Street Glide Special
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »

Hey Dave, which do you ride more, your CVO Road King or your CVO Road Glide?

I have a '13 Road Glide and am considering switching over to the 14 CVO Road King - just curious if over time, I'll regret the glide due to reasons I cant yet imagine.   :)
This year its been about the same, I have put 10K miles on Da King, and 11K on the Glide, but do have another trip to FL planned on the Glide for biketoberfest.

I like the Glide better for long trips.  I like the glide better in the rain.

They handle almost the same, both do great on curvy twisty roads, and in the hills of east TN.

After this year Da King will most likely see less miles a year than the Road Glide will.  Reason is I get the road glides for touring, and long trips.  I built the motor in Da King and its my Hot rod for running the hilly curvy roads locally.  Da King was ridden to Key west because I do that on every new bike for a picture at Southern most Point.  It was also ridden to Milwaukee this year to be in the Parade, its a 110th anniversary bike so I wanted in the 110th parade.

Both are great bikes.  Not sure which I would pick if I could only have one, but I think it would be the CVO Glide
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »

This year its been about the same, I have put 10K miles on Da King, and 11K on the Glide, but do have another trip to FL planned on the Glide for biketoberfest.

I like the Glide better for long trips.  I like the glide better in the rain.

They handle almost the same, both do great on curvy twisty roads, and in the hills of east TN.

After this year Da King will most likely see less miles a year than the Road Glide will.  Reason is I get the road glides for touring, and long trips.  I built the motor in Da King and its my Hot rod for running the hilly curvy roads locally.  Da King was ridden to Key west because I do that on every new bike for a picture at Southern most Point.  It was also ridden to Milwaukee this year to be in the Parade, its a 110th anniversary bike so I wanted in the 110th parade.

Both are great bikes.  Not sure which I would pick if I could only have one, but I think it would be the CVO Glide
I would love to have your "problem" of which beauty to ride. I have 1 baby, guess I should just be grateful for that  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »

Took delivery of a 2014 Street Glide Special exactly two weeks ago. 
Taking it in for the 1K service tomorrow.
Amber Whiskey. 
The handling is unbelievable.  Solid as a rock. Cost me $30K with accessories, cams, pipes, S/E Super tuner.
Extremely happy with the bike. 
One thing nobody's mentioned is that the stock windshield is totally different fro the older models.  I personally prefer the Freedom Shields. 
Their web site indicates they are still working on the new fitment.
The "mail slot" sure helps, but for touring I believe most would want to at least have a taller windshield.
Also, I get the feeling that the 103's have less problems.  -(too bad).
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 08:44:57 AM »

I would love to have your "problem" of which beauty to ride. I have 1 baby, guess I should just be grateful for that  :nixweiss:
It is a terrible problem to have, and my poor fatboy really feels left out as I usually only put 1000 or so miles a year on her.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

zer0t

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 07:17:48 AM »

i had a 14 SGS on order until yesterday when I bought the CVO Road King.  I was at the dealer on Friday because I was off and bored.  I saw the CVO road king and the guy I ordered the SGS from and I chatted about it for a while.  I left and thought about that damn bike all night long.  I went back Saturday (yesterday) to drop my brother off who was getting the 120R in his Fatboy tuned.  I went back to the showroom and the two of us stared and sat on the bikes and then stared some more.  

We have a long standing relationship with the dealer so they were willing to let me test drive the bikes (the SGS was a demo and not for sale--so they say).  After the test ride I realized that the RK was for me.  I don't really tour but like to take long rides.  I think the road king fit my riding style, needs and I love the classic looks of the bike.  Additionally it's a CVO and it is really, really cool looking.  I got the dark green/black paint scheme and love it.

I put a couple hundred miles on yesterday after the pickup and it confirmed it's the bike for me.  

What really surprised me (and no knock on softails I love them) was that the Road King was 500 bucks less than the CVO deluxe and only 1k more than the CVO breakout.  I didn't like the looks of the CVO deluxe but the breakout looks fantastic.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.