Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: compensator sprocket removal and install  (Read 15747 times)

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
Re: compensator sprocket removal and install
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »

Hi all,
Just looked up the torx system specs, according to that a T70 bit should be able to go to between 465ft/lbs and 516ft/lbs, this will obviously depend on the quality of the bolt and the torx bit!, so make sure your using a good quality bit.
WHUFC   COYI

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »

Just completed my install of the new comp today. Had no problems except got so excited in finishing the job that I forgot that the clutch basket nut tightens counter clock wise. Just knew that I had stripped some threads removing the basket. However, brain kicked in and I finished the job. My snap on T-70 did the job on the new comp fine with no scoring.  Purchased the glue gun kit that works with a standard caulk gun and it worked perfectly.  My old (A) version of the SC comp had very bad flat spots on the ramps with only 7,000 miles. The rest of the old comp looked OK. My only experience inside the primary cover has been to replace the chain tensioner so this other stuff was new to me. At least I saved a few bucks in labor.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »

Hi all,
Just looked up the torx system specs, according to that a T70 bit should be able to go to between 465ft/lbs and 516ft/lbs, this will obviously depend on the quality of the bolt and the torx bit!, so make sure your using a good quality bit.

And that the socket is fully seated and squared in the bolt head.  Just a little off and those specs go way down.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.