Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble with turn signal after installing Panacea tail light and panacea turn si  (Read 758 times)

lnadler

Does anyone have the Kuryakyn Panacea rear tail light and turn signals.  I had these installed while in Sturgis last week at the Kuryakyn tent and the technician used an updated controller.  Now the left turnsugnal will occasionally light up and flash spontaneously, especially if I shift to neutral.  Other tines it won't go off unless I press the turn signal button multiple times.

Is this due to a bad controller?  The turn signals worked fine before installing the panacea lights.  I contacted Kuryakyn, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks for your help.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis

Remove your seat and check the equalizer box. I saw a bike the other day with this same problem and if my memory is correct there are two ways to hook it up. Disconnect and reconnect to the other position. I am in no way an expert and I believe this is what I saw occur. I could be totally wrong and I know that someone will chime in to correct it if necessary. Hopefully this helps and I am correct. If not chalk it up to an old man that has maintained an 80 Sturgis with no turn signals and any fancy electronics for over 33 years.

lnadler

Thanks for your help.  I switched the connector and the turn signals now work perfectly !

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

Good job Skillet, you knew more than you thought :2vrolijk_21:

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis

Good job Skillet, you knew more than you thought :2vrolijk_21:

Wow! Sometimes sharing a little info helps. I feel better. Thanks.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.