Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner  (Read 3604 times)

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Progressive Mono Tubes, Klockwerks 8.5; Heads By TMan, Rinehart True duals, TTS Mastertune By Doc's
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG Hard Candy, Crusher Tridents, Fulsac X, TTS Mastertune by Docs Performance
Question about the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »

Bought a Used bike from a dealer that was tuned with a SEPST. The seller did not trade in the VCI. I know the tuner is married to the ECM, and I will have to buy another SEPST if I want to change anything in the tune. My Question is how does that work? Does the new SEPST delete the old when its installed? Does it override the old tune when the new one is installed?
Bike runs good, just thinking ahead If I lose the tune for some reason or want to make a change, don't want to screw up the tune.
Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Live for Today.

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Progressive Mono Tubes, Klockwerks 8.5; Heads By TMan, Rinehart True duals, TTS Mastertune By Doc's
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG Hard Candy, Crusher Tridents, Fulsac X, TTS Mastertune by Docs Performance
Re: Question about the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »

Yep.....Dealer wont release owners name to me because of privacy clauses, they said they would contact him and said he never returned their calls.
Bought the bike knowing this could be an issue. Was just wondering how the second SEPST works when installed, if I need too. Does it just over ride the first that is married to the ECM?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »

Yep.....Dealer wont release owners name to me because of privacy clauses, they said they would contact him and said he never returned their calls.
Bought the bike knowing this could be an issue. Was just wondering how the second SEPST works when installed, if I need too. Does it just over ride the first that is married to the ECM?

You don't exactly "install" a SEPST, you just use it to communicate with the ECM.  If you use a new VCI to communicate with the ECM, nothing happens until you actually load a map.  It's not like if you connect it the ECM immediately loses it's current settings.  However, if you do load a new map I don't believe you can undo it with the SEPST unless they've changed something very recently.  Other tuning solutions like the TTS or PV allow you to save the existing map before you load a new one, in case you want to go back later.

Jerry

btw, if what you are really talking about is whether or not you will have a problem with the ECM refusing to talk to the new VCI, the answer is no.  Some other systems do lock the ECM to prevent other systems from overwriting their maps, but the SEPST is not one of them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:28:37 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:09:42 PM »

Thanks for the explaination, that's what I was wanting to know. Hadn't really though about it locking it and not letting another system communicate.
Wanted to stay with sepst, was told that my ESP wouldn't  cover anything if I changed to another tuner since it was on the bike when they wrote the coverage agreement.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »

Your ESP will be void with the SESPT the same as any other tuner. The only thing ESP will cover anymore is street legal parts only and the SESPT is NOT legal. HD does have a street legal tuner call the SE Street tuner but it's just the same as there $150 download and does not allow for much of any tuning at all.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:16:16 PM »

Wasn't told that by the dealer. Was very specific when I questioned them about the tuner before I bought the ESP. Since the tuner was installed before and the bike was used, was told that they would honor the agreement. They wont cover the tuner....I understand that, but other parts yes.
I guess when the time comes, if I need the ESP, we will see what they will cover.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.