Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: extended forward controls  (Read 6981 times)

fornicator

extended forward controls
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:53:42 PM »

I just ordered my 2014 cvo breakout in the Sedona..I am 6'5" and I currently ride a wide glide with extended forward controls, the softail puts my knees way up in the air, does anyone make an extended forward control kit for the cvo breakout?

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
Re: extended forward controls
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:22:57 PM »

I believe the Harley extended forward controls would do the trick for you.

I just ordered/received the Harley extended controls from Lake Shore, and the Harley extended rear brake line.  They're more expensive than others, like the Ness kit, but I can promise you they are every bit worth the price in quality and construction.  The chrome is superb, the chrome brake line is awesome.  Finish it off with a chrome rear master cylinder and it would look awesome.

Edit - I'll be installing these on my 09 CVO Springer.  They should fit the FXSBSE too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:26:03 PM by fish eye »

Marco76

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 02:15:42 AM »

I just ordered my 2014 cvo breakout in the Sedona..I am 6'5" and I currently ride a wide glide with extended forward controls, the softail puts my knees way up in the air, does anyone make an extended forward control kit for the cvo breakout?

no i didn't but, When will you get your cvo?

fornicator

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »

My dealer says he should get a vin in the next couple weeks, then I will get the bike the week after that. They are telling me that they only receive bikes on Wednesdays.

All the softail forward control extensions that I have found say EXCEPT FXSB, does anyone know of a kit for the Breakout?

bolgna

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »

I installed the ness fwd extensions on my breakout had them chromed they worked out fine .

fornicator

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:01:58 PM »

Which ness part # did you use?

ricbrooks2

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »

Just wanted to give a little something back to the forum. I bought the Arlen Ness forward control extension kit for the breakout and installed it last weekend. The fit is good the and it did the trick for me comfort wise. Installation isn't bad the only part that is rough is getting the abs unit out of the center of the bike to hook up the new brake line. The way it's in there it's kind of a bitch to get it out but it's doable with just basic hand tools. After you bleed the brakes it's recommended you take it to the dealer to bleed the abs. I have not done this yet but the brakes do work just fine however I do plan on getting it done. The Arlen Ness number is #07-616 and the Dennis Kirk number is 57-6293. The website doesn't say that it fits but it does.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »

Pics if you have any, please.    :worthless:
Jesus is Lord

ricbrooks2

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »

Here are some shots of each side close up and one of the bike overall.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:08:50 PM by ricbrooks2 »

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 09:02:06 AM »

I am 6'5" also with a 34" inseam.  i had a 2008 Softail Custom that I traded in for my 2013 FXSBSE.  I had the Ness forwards on my 2008 and assumed I would need them on my CVO.  Turned out in my case, I didn't need them at all.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I sit lower than on my Custom, or maybe a little further back, but I like my knee and leg positions fine on my CVO.  There's something about the geometry that makes me feel really stretched out on the bike.

I was recently riding the Hill Country of Texas and was on the bike for 3 days, about 5 hours per day and it was very comfortable.

Now, I will say that on long highway stretches, i will stretch out my legs straight over the foot pegs, but I would have to do that with forward controls also....

good luck!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.