Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update on CD New LED Headlight  (Read 1436 times)

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
Update on CD New LED Headlight
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »

I just spoke with Custom Dynamics to see if they were still on schedule to release their new LED headlight in February. They said that they had received the prototype from the manufacturer but had to send it back for some minor tweaks. They said the R&D was finished but they had to get these final tweks taken care of. They said that they had hoped to have it ready for Daytona but it was not gonna happen by then. They really did not have a timetable as to how long of a delay it was gonna be :(

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

Re: Update on CD New LED Headlight
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »

I spoke to Custom Dynamics today and now they are saying the new LED headlight will not be ready until June. Just passing this info along. I don't know if I want to wait that long. Starting to look like it will be a Daymaker for me.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:40:52 PM »

How much will it cost? I'm about to buy the jw version of HD's led from discount fleet.  

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:31:05 AM »

How much will it cost? I'm about to buy the jw version of HD's led from discount fleet.  

When I was talking with them around Thanksgiving, it was going to be a bulb replacement, not a complete unit.....much cheaper. Around 50 bucks.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 08:29:52 AM »

When I was talking with them around Thanksgiving, it was going to be a bulb replacement, not a complete unit.....much cheaper. Around 50 bucks.
Wow that's awesome. Maybe I should wait I actually like the look of the halogen housing just not the lack of lighting...

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 09:49:11 AM »

I just spoke with CD again and it is a complete unit. It is currently going through the DOT approval process. They already came out with the new bulb but it is not DOT approved and not recommended for headlights. They would not give me a price but said to expect price to be somewhere between the truck lite and day maker. I also could not talk them into sending me a picture of the prototype :worthless:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 10:12:05 AM »

I just spoke with CD again and it is a complete unit. It is currently going through the DOT approval process. They already came out with the new bulb but it is not DOT approved and not recommended for headlights. They would not give me a price but said to expect price to be somewhere between the truck lite and day maker. I also could not talk them into sending me a picture of the prototype :worthless:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  :D ;D

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.