Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Left Turn signal Inop 05 SEEG  (Read 4701 times)

fos41

• Full CVO Member
Left Turn signal Inop 05 SEEG
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »

Does anyone have any input on parts that fail with  05 Electra Glide turn signals with security? Is there a "control module” in the wiring system? Recently, my left turn signal became inoperative and unresponsive to the switch.

The turn signals default to right turn being on when the ignition switch is turned on and   still the left switch does not respond when pressed. It takes 3 cycles of the right t-signal switch to turn them off going from right on, and then emergency flashers and the 3rd switch cycle will turn them off.

This sequence repeats each time the ignition switch is turned off. Ideas anyone?

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Left Turn signal Inop 05 SEEG
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »

First, make sure wires are OK, bulbs are OK, and battery (and connections) is OK.  I recently went to LEDs and the following is the TSSM reset procedure after installing the load equalizer.  It may work for you.
Remove the Maxi-Fuse and leave it out for 10+ minutes.
Replace the fuse.
Turn the bike on and activate the four-way flashers.  Let them run for about 10 seconds and then cancel.
Activate left turn signal, let flash for 10 seconds and then cancel.
Activate right turn signal, let flash for 10 seconds and then cancel.
Turn ignition off and wait 1-2 minutes.
Should be good.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »

Don't recall whether the signal would turn on or not been a while on my 05 Cherry, but I had one of the posts inside the turn signal break off and the light bulb wasn't making the connection.   If you take the bulb out make sure the bulb is touching on both terminals.  Good Luck
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:56:54 AM »

Just went through this on my '05. Front socket was full of corrosion (green and white) and crud. Ended up replacing the socket and all's good.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »

Just went through this on my '05. Front socket was full of corrosion (green and white) and crud. Ended up replacing the socket and all's good.

When they do that it's usually from water that's come in from the rear of the housing.  Not from around the lens as is commonly assumed.  Find where the harness goes down the stalk that the housing itself attaches to.  Water goes down that same hole and is then trapped behind the socket.  From there the pieces rot and die.

On the end of your finger or a screwdriver or whatever works for you dob some marine grade silicone and seal around that harness entry point.  That will go a very long way toward solving that as a future problem again.

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »

Found the problem with turn signals, it was the left turn switch. I checked switch first thing and it worked  perfectly with a ohm meter testing for continunity. Late re-tested it and it would not open the circuit havign a constantly a closed circuit. A new switch fixed the problem. The TSSM module will likely fail soon, because of the short.

Me757

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »

I have a similar problem but it's the right and there's a weird soft noise when u push the right turn signal.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »

A couple of months ago, I had the exact same issue as the OP, right after I installed a HID headlight and the LED passing light bulbs (a very cost effective alternative to the Daymakers imo) then after several rides it fixed itself :nixweiss:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Me757

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »

Did you get the red key also?

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.