Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: good thing my mom didnt think like this  (Read 1249 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
good thing my mom didnt think like this
« on: December 06, 2006, 02:08:10 PM »

12-year-old gets a bad unwrap
Mom has son arrested for allegedly playing with present before Christmas

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: good thing my mom didnt think like this
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 04:02:36 PM »

As harsh as this may sound, at least this Mom is willing to try to teach the kid right from wrong. So many times parents leave the upbringing/discipline of there kids to the "authorities".

I often tell my Mom it's a good thing I was born/raised when I was because if they had the laws/rules about disciplining your kids when I was young she would still be in jail. When I was young all my friends called me "Black Belt", and it wasn't for any martial arts that I studied. My Mom had a big thick black belt that she would whip your a$$ with in a heart beat. [smiley=nervous.gif] I got so many whippings when I was a kid that all my friends knew about this belt. To this day I thank her for raising me the way she did. I've been blessed to be able to say I've never been in jail, I'm not strung out on drugs, have a great family and I'm able to work and provide for them. To this day I still have the utmost respect for her, and still fear her. She can't whip me anymore, but she still can throw things, and it doesn't matter what it is, it's the first thing she can get her hands on. [smiley=nervous.gif] In other words, it wouldn't be proper to get "sassy" while she's carving a turkey (I know this from up close and personal experience). [smiley=vrolijk27.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »

...I often tell my Mom it's a good thing I was born/raised when I was because if they had the laws/rules about disciplining your kids when I was young she would still be in jail. ...
My friend, we had to go out and cut our own whippin willow.  They told us, and at the time we belived them, that they know what side of the bridge the willow came from, and we were to cut a willow from the other side of the bridge.  I used to believe in trolls, living under bridges.  Punishment would be dolled out in the evening, so it would be dark while traversing this bridge.  By the time the whippings were over, it is hard to say which was worse.  The beating, or the humiliation of being terrified to cross a bridge and cut one's own whipping willow.  A belt or the back of a hair brush was pure luxury compared to these willow beatings.  

I actually to this day, do not recall the beatings.  But I do still shake in my boots thinking about having to go cut a willow.  

We always addressed folks as Mr and Mrs, or Sir and Maam and meant it.  We did not whine for what we had already been denied.  We tried to help folks that needed help.  We belived in a honest day work for an honest day pay.  But, obviously we must have strayed some, cause we got beat with willows we chose.  

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:48:23 PM »

No doubt that boy needs a good thumpin'.

My motto: If you can't beat a kid, don't have one.  
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.