Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster  (Read 868 times)

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

I was wondering if you can adjust the amount of illumination on the dash.  I also would like to know if there is a contrast adjust for the HK radio.  Mine looks kind off flat so it is not easy to read from my riding position.  My last bike had a radio that you could adjust the twist or contrast on the LCD.   
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: Is there a way to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:49:15 AM »

The HK has a brightness control in the menu but the dash and gages are not "adjustable" the speedometer and tach can't be easily changed but on the others you can put in brighter bulbs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
Re: Is there a way to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »

You may also notice the Radio's backlighting will adjust automatically according to the outside lighting conditions... I can catch mine changing when pulling it into the garage.  While outside, the contrast is set for bright sunlight, and if I pay attention to the backlight... after pulling into the garage about 4ft in, I can see the backlight actually engage.  You have to find your happy medium if you actually get to ride in low light.  I don't get the chance all that often in North Pole, so I keep the contrast set for bright sunlight. 
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 25 queries.