Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Compensator  (Read 1197 times)

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
Compensator
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:04:44 AM »

When will Harley ever build a good compensator?  My 2008 CVO Ultra is on its 4th comp.  My metric 125 cube inch motor never had a comp problem when I sold it with 75,000 miles. 

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Compensator
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »

I just recently installed one of the newest versions of the Screamin Eagle compensator. Done away with the plastic thrust washer and now has a needle bearing. Time will tell if it holds up any better.
I oil director tray has to be glued onto the case which in turns feeds oil into the needle bearing.
Depending on whether yours has already been upgraded to a SE compensator, you may have to buy a stator rotor part#30041-08A to use the new compensator.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/big-twin-compensator

2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
Re: Compensator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »

Mine has the same part number but without the "A" suffix....not sure what it means.

I need also to mention I just replaced the drive belt.  I noticed in one of my inspections that the teeth had "external cracks" as defined in the service manual.  Next would be the teeth would strip, so I bit the bullet and had my dealer spend 6 hours to replace it.  My pulleys were okay.  BTW, the belt started making noise was why I made an inspection - it was quiet its whole life.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.