Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Codes  (Read 1082 times)

flh05

Codes
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »

2011 CVO RG keeps throwing codes 132 & 152, engine light never comes on,took it in dealer changed both o2 sensors, while riding home, i thought bike wasn't running good, same codes are up again. Back in April I had Genesis 577 cams installed, and has never performed like I thought it should. Today it was at 94 HP & 103 TQ . Full sac x pipe,4"reinharts with 2.25" baffles, bike seems to run hot, What am I missing? Any suggests, two different places have tuned the bike with pretty much the same results.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Codes
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »

2011 CVO RG keeps throwing codes 132 & 152, engine light never comes on,took it in dealer changed both o2 sensors, while riding home, i thought bike wasn't running good, same codes are up again. Back in April I had Genesis 577 cams installed, and has never performed like I thought it should. Today it was at 94 HP & 103 TQ . Full sac x pipe,4"reinharts with 2.25" baffles, bike seems to run hot, What am I missing? Any suggests, two different places have tuned the bike with pretty much the same results.
The 02 sensors are not reading in their parameters so who ever tuned it did not do a good job.....
There are many tuners out there that only do wide open throttle tunes....these tunes do not cover the area you are cruising at. If the bike is too rich or too lean at cruise the ECM will through a code to let you know the fuel delivery is not correct.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »

Is it possible that the O2 sensors were installed in the "opposite" positions when the head pipe change and tune was done?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

flh05

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:58:51 AM »

Was doing the same, before the pipe change, Doc will the tune change much, when you go from the true duals to the X pipe?

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 07:25:25 PM »

Was doing the same, before the pipe change, Doc will the tune change much, when you go from the true duals to the X pipe?

Absolutely the tune will change with the pipe swap.
Doc 
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »

May be time to find a reputable tuner. A good tune is worth the cost and effort of having to travel a pretty good distance if there's not one near you. If you give the engine what it wants it will reward you with less heat, better throttle response, more power, good fuel economy and better drive-ability. A well tuned bike is something you notice and appreciate each time you start and ride the bike (at least I do). Even bone stock bikes are worth tuning IMO. If you're comfortable stating what area you're from, maybe someone can recommend a tuner near you that can create an excellent tune for you. I have tuned those cams cranking over 195 CCP and they did very well in terms of performance and heat has not been an issue.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

flh05

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »

Anybody have a tuner, in Michigan, they would recommend?

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.