Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO (with central lock) ignition switch removal  (Read 2459 times)

LARK

CVO (with central lock) ignition switch removal
« on: July 01, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »

Anyone removed their ignition switch that has central lock? I have a 2011 service manual but don't have the CVO supplemental manual. Went to remove it and the setup is a little different. Mainly the wire running up into the switch and down through the steering stem. I decided a time out was in order before I mucked something up. Any guidance would be appreciated.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: CVO (with central lock) ignition switch removal
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »

Interested in the replies also as I'm doing bars on mine in the near future.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

LARK

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:26:45 PM »

Interested in the replies also as I'm doing bars on mine in the near future.

When I didn't get any response I searched for the CVO supplemental manual online. Last night I paid $19 and downloaded all 3 manuals from www.mybikemanual.com. What you have to do is remove the speedo and tach first. Behind them will be multiple connectors, one being for the remote lock wire to the ignition switch. You'll tie a wire or string to it so when you pull the ignition switch the string will come up with the wire. That way when you reinstall you can easily reconnect the switch wire to the string and pull it back through. If you PM me your email address I'll send you the 2 pages that cover the process.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

When I didn't get any response I searched for the CVO supplemental manual online. Last night I paid $19 and downloaded all 3 manuals from www.mybikemanual.com. What you have to do is remove the speedo and tach first. Behind them will be multiple connectors, one being for the remote lock wire to the ignition switch. You'll tie a wire or string to it so when you pull the ignition switch the string will come up with the wire. That way when you reinstall you can easily reconnect the switch wire to the string and pull it back through. If you PM me your email address I'll send you the 2 pages that cover the process.
I appreciate the offer. I have a hard copy out in the drawer of my workbench. I was at work when you posted that. If I can't find it in the manual I have, I'll get back to you on it. Thank you.  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.