Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Daylight Saving Time  (Read 2820 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Daylight Saving Time
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »

Quite true!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: Daylight Saving Time
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »

WOW      He is spot on but not quite correct, cause the moco is breathing the same *hit  ;)

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:58:05 PM »

WOW      He is spot on but not quite correct, cause the moco is breathing the same *hit  ;)

No... the MoCo cuts off a foot, doesn't bother to sew it on the other end, and then charges you MORE for the blanket the following year...  :(

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »

No... the MoCo cuts off a foot, doesn't bother to sew it on the other end, and then charges you MORE for the blanket the following year...  :(

Ken

AND will sell you that "extra" foot as an accessory to the blanket  :huepfenlol2:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 03:56:39 PM »

Ken
Just look at the Moco's 3rd quarter sales results. According to HD everything is fine and there profit is up over 3rd quarter last year. Only issue I see is they sold 4K + less bikes than they did last year but made more money than last year. Now does anyone else wonder why the price of a new bike is what it is?
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »

Just look at the Moco's 3rd quarter sales results. According to HD everything is fine and there profit is up over 3rd quarter last year. Only issue I see is they sold 4K + less bikes than they did last year but made more money than last year. Now does anyone else wonder why the price of a new bike is what it is?

That was the whole idea behind busting the balls of the union, getting sweetheart deals from the states and cities to "keep their plants in those states and cities", hiring temporary part time workers at half the wages, etc..  It's the same playbook that's been used for the last decade throughout industry.

Some of the higher profit per unit comes from higher efficiencies in the revamped production operations, no doubt.  Then they cheapened much of the product, and raised the price.  When you lump it all together, they make more while actually producing less.  Now if they would just spend some of those extra profits on improving quality, reliability, and customer service, it might all be worth it.  My gut feeling however is that they will just keep pocketing the extra profits and keep screwing the customers, until the customers finally get the balls to say no more, enough is enough.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 07:15:14 PM »

Hear Hear, Steve and Jerry!

I believe I've bought my last Harley. From now on, my money will go to buying HOG instead of Hogs... it's a much better investment.

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »

That was the whole idea behind busting the balls of the union, getting sweetheart deals from the states and cities to "keep their plants in those states and cities", hiring temporary part time workers at half the wages, etc..  It's the same playbook that's been used for the last decade throughout industry.

Some of the higher profit per unit comes from higher efficiencies in the revamped production operations, no doubt.  Then they cheapened much of the product, and raised the price.  When you lump it all together, they make more while actually producing less.  Now if they would just spend some of those extra profits on improving quality, reliability, and customer service, it might all be worth it.  My gut feeling however is that they will just keep pocketing the extra profits and keep screwing the customers, until the customers finally get the balls to say no more, enough is enough.

JMHO - Jerry

Sounds like a company that used to build bikes until the 70's-80's that and to be mostly rebuilt by the owners, were infamous for leaking oil and being pushed home, with the corporate attitude that their customers would continue to buy poor quality simply because of the logo on the tank. I believe they went through bankruptcy and nearly closed.

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »

Sounds like a company that used to build bikes until the 70's-80's that and to be mostly rebuilt by the owners, were infamous for leaking oil and being pushed home, with the corporate attitude that their customers would continue to buy poor quality simply because of the logo on the tank. I believe they went through bankruptcy and nearly closed.

When AMF owned it you couldn't be more correct. I never owned anything that I rebuilt from the frame up after only one year on the road after buying brand new. AND I was living in WI with a shorter riding season, I said then I wouldn't buy another new one. I certainly didn't follow through with that, but I did wait 25 years between new ones.  :nixweiss:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »

;D
DND

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »

Hear Hear, Steve and Jerry!

I believe I've bought my last Harley. From now on, my money will go to buying HOG instead of Hogs... it's a much better investment.

Ken

Don't laugh, that's how I bought my latest car, I decided I had to do something with my gains....didn't need another bike - but we did need another car - both the teenager and the college student have to drive something.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »

Is there still 24 hours in one day? Does the sun rise and set in one day? Can the government confuse anything, everthing, and everyone in the pursuit of progress?  "Daylight savings" no wonder we are 20 trillion dollars in debt.  :sunny:

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.