Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Figuring values  (Read 602 times)

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
Figuring values
« on: November 14, 2014, 04:47:47 PM »

In my business, I am constantly buying and re-selling goods. I have also bought quite a few vehicles over the course of my life. And yet I still don't get why some people include what they pay for sales tax and labor/delivery/installation as part of the value of their items. Those are incurred costs you have to pay, but in no way add any value on their own. And they use these things to jack up the price they want to get. Whenever I come across someone trying to  get back a portion of their sales tax and labor costs, I just walk away. Because I know at that point I am dealing with someone who over values what they have because of their sentimental attachment to it
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

tysndys

• Full CVO Member
    • UT

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 (sold)
Re: Figuring values
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »

This is the same as when a seller states $$$$ invested? No, $$$$ spent, is how it should read. You are spot on it makes them just sound silly.
Tires just don't last long enough

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Figuring values
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:37:33 AM »

I bet this goes along with those unfortunate buyers who got their bike at one of the dealerships that charge thousands above MSRP and so the unknowledgeable owner now thinks he owns a very expensive bike that someone will pay the inflated price to buy it after them......
When is reality it's always supply and demand and what is the next buyer willing to pay to own your bike.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.