Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: power commander five  (Read 1869 times)

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
power commander five
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »

Everyone has been saying to use whatever tuning device your tuner prefers. The guy I know LOVES PCV with Auto Tune. Anyone using this set up? Let me hear your thoughts.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

cmcarr88

• Junior CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLHRSE6 (Tribal Orange and Galatic Black)
Re: power commander five
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »

I'm using it on my Cross Bones (softball with stage 1)..... no auto tune tho ..... I've had NO problems at all ..... best tuner in my area also loves it ..... I do have the duel map switch (one map for power one for millage) ..... here's the base line and then tuned map ..... remember stock 96 with only stage 1 .....
'09 CrossBones FLSTSB (103 stage IV)
'14 CVO Road King FLHRSE (117 stage IV)
‘22 Ultra Limited FLHTK (131 stage IV)

... THEY'RE never finished !!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »

Is this "guy you know" a true expert tuner, or is he just a guy you know?  There are some old school tuners around that still like Power Commanders, but most of the folks who have kept up with technology seem to prefer a flash tuning device, not an add-on piggyback device like a PC.  But ultimately it comes down to what you want and what (and who) you are comfortable with. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 08:51:16 PM »

Is this "guy you know" a true expert tuner, or is he just a guy you know?  There are some old school tuners around that still like Power Commanders, but most of the folks who have kept up with technology seem to prefer a flash tuning device, not an add-on piggyback device like a PC.  But ultimately it comes down to what you want and what (and who) you are comfortable with. 

Jerry
I only know him because he owns a shop. He's not a friend or relative or anything else. He's worked in a dealer service dept., and a couple of indy shops before going on his own. Twenty years of experience. He'll use anything, but the PCV is what he prefers. I could go to one of the dealers and get it tuned with the super tuner, but neither of those service depts. inspires much confidence imo.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:54:41 PM by Puma »

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »

I'm using it on my Cross Bones (softball with stage 1)..... no auto tune tho ..... I've had NO problems at all ..... best tuner in my area also loves it ..... I do have the duel map switch (one map for power one for millage) ..... here's the base line and then tuned map ..... remember stock 96 with only stage 1 .....
You picked up 6 hp and 7 lbs/ft. Not bad for stage 1. Some of the credit has to go to the PCV and a good tune. I had a simple stage 1 with V&H long shots and just a stage 1 download on my Heritage and I definitely lost torque on that bike.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:09:35 PM by Puma »

cmcarr88

• Junior CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 08:22:19 AM »

You picked up 6 hp and 7 lbs/ft. Not bad for stage 1. Some of the credit has to go to the PCV and a good tune. I had a simple stage 1 with V&H long shots and just a stage 1 download on my Heritage and I definitely lost torque on that bike.

The stage 1 was on it with the first run ...so... the increase was just in the tune with the PCV .....  :2vrolijk_21: 

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »

The stage 1 was on it with the first run ...so... the increase was just in the tune with the PCV .....  :2vrolijk_21:
Cool. I just noticed your "hers" bike. I just got a 2014 CVO King with the black and titanium colors. Have you had that one tuned?

cmcarr88

• Junior CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »

Cool. I just noticed your "hers" bike. I just got a 2014 CVO King with the black and titanium colors. Have you had that one tuned?

No not yet ..... I've been researching head pipe/slip-ons and programer for it now ..... then will have it done of course .....

as I stated I like the PCV and have had NO problems with it and the best local tuner likes the DynoJet programers .....

so as of now I'm leaning towards the Power Vision (against the TTS MasterTune however) just for the ffamiliarity with DynoJet and my tuner but for the difference in the PV & PCV .....  ;)

and she LOVES the "hers" ..... as she's only a rider .....  :P

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.