Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dyno run , my CVO RK '14  (Read 4430 times)

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Re: Dyno run , my CVO RK '14
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »

Not Britguy but I ran Supertrapps on a couple bikes over the years. Just sold my 2004 Roadglide 113" that had one. They make very good power, and are quiet at cruise, they do come alive when you hit the throttle. The sound can be adjusted via end caps, closed, open, or the custom billet variations that are available. The Billet caps are pricey, but less expensive if bought from Summit Racing. Hope I helped.

Note: Worked in Detroit (DTE) for 40 + years. Lived in Macomb.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:02:25 AM by Ridgerunr »
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »

Planning on getting TTS installed on my 2014 CVO RK with some dyno time. I have a Supertrapp Supermeg fitted and I hope the TTS will tighten the power and torque up. I was going to get the dyno work and TTS fitted at Konquer in Kelowna. From the existing posts on the forum, the biggest variable with getting more power and torque seems to be the guy or gal running the dyno. Does anyone have any experience or views of Konquer as there is not a huge amount of choice that I have found in the Oakanagan.

I thought I would leave the engine standard apart from the above and put some Progressive cartridges in the front forks to try and take some dive away when breaking. Again, thoughts on money spent on suspension front and back would be welcome.

Pipe wise , I feel your curve will suffer and it will not tune out. Reason I say this is we have used that pipe on a 113  in barhill's build with more compression head work etc and its still a monster pipe. Too large for a 110 from what I saw. Short cam may help it some but rather working backwards with a pipe like that , with a cam that falls at at 4500.....   

Tuning wise   Honest tuner will show you what the bike makes at full operating temp. Correctly tuned that's all there is. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:16:38 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 08:20:01 AM »

Note: Worked in Detroit (DTE) for 40 + years. Lived in Macomb.

HUH  Great grandfather worked there grandfather and father all worked/ work there// My dad is closing down the HB coal plant not usre where he will end up at. Maybe greenwood as that is the close'st to home or St Clair..  :nixweiss:
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »

Ridgerunr described my experience perfectly. Non offensive at cruise, but great throaty roar when the throttle cracked open. Very well put together with neat welds and a great finish.

Interesting comment relating to pipe being too big for the motor. Not seen this when I researched pipes before fitting this one. Useful feedback which I will see if the tuner (who deal Supertrapp) volunteers a view when I talk to them.

Photos will need to wait until scoot comes out from hibernation. I am still waiting for the 'imposter' pipe that will balance the look of what is a 2 -1 pipe.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 03:01:57 PM »

No way a ST is too big for a 110" or 113". The fact that the headpipe is not stepped helps the tq.

I see Digital is in Detroit, why I posted about DTE. GMR, I take HB is Harbor Beach. Didn't know they were gonna shut that one down, knew about Marysville. Greenwood has some big whitetail deer roaming the property. Your Dad could end up at Belle River too, about a mile or 2 form the St. Clair plant.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:04:50 PM by Ridgerunr »
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

Digital

• Full CVO Member
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »

Thanks guys.   I'm in Chesterfield, right next to Macomb.   It looks like you are going with the 2 into 1.   I am looking to add a pair of supermeg slipons behind the Fullsac DX pipe on my 14 CVORK.   Either that or the SE Nightsticks - I am thinking for my purposes the Supermegs will be slightly louder than the Nightsticks.   But it is hard to figure out which is the best application for me. I dont want the bike to be super quiet but I dont want to it to be too loud for long trips.   I probably cant go wrong with either...
2014 CVO Road King
2013 Road Glide (sold)
2012 Modified Baja DB30 - FUN BIKE!
2012 Fatboy Lo (sold)
2011 Aprilia Tuono (sold)
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (sold)
1997 Yamaha YZF600r (sold)

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 08:49:12 AM »

Digital, check out Kury Crusher Mellow mufflers. Excellent performance, not too loud, nice sound.
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.