Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: power commander  (Read 2708 times)

Quantumracer

• Done with fast bikes, time to slow down and enjoy what's left!
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSCE3
power commander
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »

Been riding my SE3 for a few days.  Low end throttle response is good, but not great.  Does anyone have experience with power commanders or equivalent on this model?  I've installed them on nearly every bike I have owned over the years, but this is my first big V-twin.  Looking for advice. 

Thanks,
Dan
POW/MIA
Never forget and never give up!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: power commander
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »

Been riding my SE3 for a few days.  Low end throttle response is good, but not great.  Does anyone have experience with power commanders or equivalent on this model?  I've installed them on nearly every bike I have owned over the years, but this is my first big V-twin.  Looking for advice. 

Thanks,
Dan

Hardly any difference you'll notice using a PC on this bike compared to older models. They're software has stayed with a similar user interface for a long time.

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »

I'm curious about what you learn. I have a SE3 that has a PC. Bike fairly new to me. Weather prevents riding around here but it seemed to have a hesitation coming off idle until it got warmed up prior to be parked for winter. Bike was dyno tuned with by a well known/respected guy. I'm not used to the throttle by wire so I don't know if that may be part of it. I just installed a PC with a canned map (for now) in my 04 FLHTCI yesterday. Ran it for several minutes and the throttle response was much more "crisp". Will have to wait till spring for a real test.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 10:36:56 PM »

I like the PC-V.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »

I like the PC-V.
Thats what both bikes have. :)

Quantumracer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »

I'm curious about what you learn. I have a SE3 that has a PC. Bike fairly new to me. Weather prevents riding around here but it seemed to have a hesitation coming off idle until it got warmed up prior to be parked for winter. Bike was dyno tuned with by a well known/respected guy. I'm not used to the throttle by wire so I don't know if that may be part of it. I just installed a PC with a canned map (for now) in my 04 FLHTCI yesterday. Ran it for several minutes and the throttle response was much more "crisp". Will have to wait till spring for a real test.

Here's what I believe I have discovered.  These big twins need a little more throttle off the line in order for them to react similar to any other bike I have ridden in my 34 years of riding.  Let me rephrase that....they have enough torque to get off the line with very little throttle input, but the engine sounds like it is bogging....this bothers me because that bogging sound, if made by any of the other bikes I have ridden, means you're about to combat roll into an embarrassing moment, culminating in a hernia from picking up your busted ride.....no bueno!

SO....I am practicing, playing with some slow speed stuff, and just getting as much seat time as I can.  Regardless of what I find, I am a fan of tuners, and will install one in a few weeks.
 :drink:
POW/MIA

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 02:19:00 AM »

Have you downloaded the accel pump feature ? That really woke my scoot up no more lean bogg
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

Quantumracer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 04:15:51 PM »

Have you downloaded the accel pump feature ? That really woke my scoot up no more lean bogg

Never heard of it.  Where do I find it?
POW/MIA

Quantumracer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 04:27:37 PM »

Just did a little research and found it.  Makes sense for those of us having a low end throttle response issue....as long as you don't turn it up too far.
 :drink:
POW/MIA

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 01:41:44 PM »

I did 80\sen 20/fuel/20 revs and really like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 25 queries.