Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which Go-Pro is best for recording rides?  (Read 570 times)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
Which Go-Pro is best for recording rides?
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:53:39 AM »

I'm thinking of getting a Go-Pro and recording some of the rides I take. Can anyone make a recommendation between the different versions of the Go-Pro for capturing riding video? Is it necessary to spend the extra $$ on the Hero 4, or will the less expensive versions get the job done?
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Which Go-Pro is best for recording rides?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:58:54 AM »

Going to Daytona for Bikeweek? Gopro has a display at the speedway, and will explain in great detail if you really want to know which one will fit you needs. Also they give away a complete kit of Camera and accessories every day and all you have to do is be present around 4PM. Also if you register and don't win, they give you a $100 off coupon that is good for 30 days toward a GoPro of your choice.  I learned a lot more than I will ever need to know from them, but main thing was I can look at the photo before I take it with my Cell phone, that was news to me. So good stuff to be gained from talking to them.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Re: Which Go-Pro is best for recording rides?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:51:52 PM »

You know what, I have a go pro and I don't like it at all.  The fish eye lens produces a weird effect on the image. The battery lasts for about 20 min max.  The remote control totally sucks. Have to pare it every time it times out which takes a few minutes. The image pixalates if you film in tight surroundings like a trail through the woods. Would never get one again.  Sony makes a great, small camera that functions like a go pro but has zoom, and a much better lens and processor.  Check out the Sony Action Cam first. Cheers.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.