Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extended warranty (svc. agreement) with tire & wheel coverage....  (Read 990 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

My 13 CVO Ultra Classic is still under the factory warranty for a few more months.  When I bought it on ebay, the guy threw in the extended warranty (total of 7 yrs.) that included the tire & wheel package.

The seller got the transfer form from his dealership and filled out his info. and sent it to me.  I filled in my info. and mailed it with the $25 check to transfer the extended warranty.  Did that just about three weeks ago and about ten days later I got a letter acknowledging and confirming the transfer of extended warranty w/tire & wheel coverage.

Yesterday after work I went down to the garage (underground parking) to see about lowering the passenger floorboards to discover the rear tire nearly flat.  I filled it with air and immediatly rode it to Sweetwater Harley Davidson.  It was very low, again, by the time I got there.

Yep, even though it's still under factory warranty, the extended warranty paid for a new rear tire and the labor to change it.  Since this extended warranty didn't cost me anything......once again, the extended warranty has already paid for itself.  ;)

Really posting this for an FYI for those that are still under factory warranty and have the extended with tire & wheel coverage.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Re: Extended warranty (svc. agreement) with tire & wheel coverage....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »

I sold a motorcycle with several years left on the extended warranty, including wheel and tire. The extended warranty is transferable but as I recall, the application for transfer has to be received within 30 days or the new buyer loses it. So it's best to jump on this immediately and follow through with the insurance company to make sure they receive it within the time limit.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Extended warranty (svc. agreement) with tire & wheel coverage....
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »

Yes, you're correct.  The transfer form states that it has to be done within 30 days of the sale.  It also states that if the bike is still within the factory warranty period then that warranty has to be transferred first.  Had to go to a dealership to do that but that didn't cost me anything and only took a few minutes.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.