Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harmon Karden - iPod Interface  (Read 1229 times)

ArmyChief

• CVO1: 2013 SERG Anv
Harmon Karden - iPod Interface
« on: July 17, 2015, 09:28:32 AM »

Wondering if anyone else has this problem??? 2013 CVO Road Glide with factory installed iPod interface. My last two trips I can't toggle between songs on the iPod. When I attempt to toggle up or down, the head unit goes to sources such as AM, FM, WB, iPod. This happens each time. When I choose iPod, it goes to a different song.

Here's the kicker. When parked and with the ignition switch in either the on or ACC position, the iPod toggle works perfectly, each time. Under power, does not work properly.

Thoughts.

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
Re: Harmon Karden - iPod Interface
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »

Wish I could help you out but I do not use my Ipod nano that came with the bike on my 13 SE8. It would never hold its place, meaning everytime I shut the bike off it would start over at the first song so I stopped using it and made it so the mp3 player in the GPS would play through the bike speakers
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:45:08 PM by Chief2505 »

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »

Wish I could help you out but I do not use my Ipod nano that came with the bike on my 13 SE8. It would never hold its place, meaning everytime I shut the bike off it would start over at the first song so I stopped using it and made it so the mp3 player in the GPS would play through the bike speakers

since I use the shuffle feature, I didn't really care that it would start over at the first song.  I just flipped the switch to move to the next song if I didn't want to hear that one again.  funny thing was, it didn't happen all the time.  sometimes it would revert to the first song, sometimes it would start where I left off.  and the length of time parked had no bearing on it either.  parked for 10 minutes, starts over.  parked for 3 days, picked up where I left off.

now the other part of this is that I also have my garmin hooked up and can run the music player on it via the internal sd card.  when I shut the power off on that, upon startup, it reverts back to the first song.  :nixweiss:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:27:06 AM »

Now that is strange indeed because my GPS never loses its place. It can sit for a few days, turn it on and it will be right in the middle of the last song it was playing.

The shuffle didn't work on my nano, I mean it would shuffle but with that much music on it I wouldn't think I would here the same song twice in one hour!  Maybe that is how it is supposed to work, not sure but either way it bugged the crap out of me!!

I do recall now though that hard disk type drives like my Ipod classic should not be used on the bikes. I plugged the classic in place of the nano and it worked fine for about an hour then quit. I thought I had ruined my Ipod but a hard reset and it was fine but I didn't use it on the bike after that.

The jump drive for this trip is the way to go! Thanks for all of the info

since I use the shuffle feature, I didn't really care that it would start over at the first song.  I just flipped the switch to move to the next song if I didn't want to hear that one again.  funny thing was, it didn't happen all the time.  sometimes it would revert to the first song, sometimes it would start where I left off.  and the length of time parked had no bearing on it either.  parked for 10 minutes, starts over.  parked for 3 days, picked up where I left off.

now the other part of this is that I also have my garmin hooked up and can run the music player on it via the internal sd card.  when I shut the power off on that, upon startup, it reverts back to the first song.  :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.