Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: oil cooler  (Read 1253 times)

bigjohn63

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 roadglide ultra
oil cooler
« on: May 08, 2015, 09:11:46 AM »

just got my 2015 cvo Roadglide and didn't see a oil cooler on it like my 103 had on it. was since it was water cool didn't need one. would like to hear everyone ideas or thoughts on this thanks

bigjohn

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: oil cooler
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »

If the head temps are effectively controlled by the new cooling system, the need for an oil cooler is eliminated as far as Harley is concerned.  The proof will come from those who still regularly check their oil temperatures on the Twin Cooled bikes, and I'm sure if anyone is still seeing excessively high oil temps we will read about it.  So far I haven't seen anything reported that is abnormal or harmful.

If you did decide you wanted to add an oil cooler, I'm not sure what mounting choices you would really have. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 09:34:43 AM »

just got my 2015 cvo Roadglide and didn't see a oil cooler on it like my 103 had on it. was since it was water cool didn't need one. would like to hear everyone ideas or thoughts on this thanks

bigjohn

I have 35k miles on my 2014 wethead with tune and usual intake and exhaust mods.
Compared to bone stock bike I see no need for the oil cooler. My fans cycle on and off depending on temps and bsr has no complaints about engine heat vs the non wethead. I'll have to agree with the factory on their reasoning.
More miles in the bike the more I'm liking it.
I DID go for the ESP, just in case!
 8)
HOGMIKE

bigjohn63

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 roadglide ultra
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 09:49:03 AM »

cool thanks. I did get 2 extra on warry. as well just because the cost of the new bike never done that before on my other bikes. we did go to Panama city over last weekend and was kind of warm but didn't have any trouble. fans work good, was kind of an after thought about the cooler

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.