Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do we have a "Helping Hands" roster of volunteers?  (Read 1898 times)

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
Do we have a "Helping Hands" roster of volunteers?
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:59:49 PM »

Just wondering if we have one.  A list of folks and what kind of help they can offer.

For example, I have a trailer and come pick up a disabled biker in the Texas Hill Country,  Anywhere from Fort Hood/Killeen to Kerrville.  I have a jack, and tools, including cam chest tools.

Anyone coming to my neck of the woods, PM me and I'll reply with my phone number.

Greg
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Do we have a "Helping Hands" roster of volunteers?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 04:25:20 PM »

I bought my bike and trailer in Dec (xmas week) and rode it from the east coast to the west coast.  I posted my intentions ahead of time and I was surprised at how many people posted on line or sent me PMs offering assistance as I passed through their states, if needed.  You may have been one of them.  Anyway, I expressed my gratitude to each of them and now expressing it publicly.

I've found in the past 12-13 years that that's just how this forum works.  I've stayed at members homes, at dinner with their families and have had many of them ride a few or a lot of miles with us.  :2vrolijk_21:

So.....no more trailer but if you're headed to Coronado or the San Diego area I will extend an offer of giving you the $1.98 tour of this area.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »

I bought my bike and trailer in Dec (xmas week) and rode it from the east coast to the west coast.  I posted my intentions ahead of time and I was surprised at how many people posted on line or sent me PMs offering assistance as I passed through their states, if needed.  You may have been one of them.  Anyway, I expressed my gratitude to each of them and now expressing it publicly.

I've found in the past 12-13 years that that's just how this forum works.  I've stayed at members homes, at dinner with their families and have had many of them ride a few or a lot of miles with us.  :2vrolijk_21:

So.....no more trailer but if you're headed to Coronado or the San Diego area I will extend an offer of giving you the $1.98 tour of this area.  :2vrolijk_21:

BMW MOA has a listing of members along with contact information and if they have trailers or trucks to pick up stranded riders. Also list if thy can use their garages or workshops for repairs.

geezerglide

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »

There was this thread - Who Has A Trailer and Where? but the spreadsheet hasn't been updated since 3/09. Also back at that time we had a member map (no longer available) that would display an icon of those that had added their name to that list. I guess if someone wanted to take the project on they could create another list and/or verify/update the existing list.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:13 PM »

I wonder if the "members" page could add a column for members to sign up as a person who can help.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 09:47:19 PM »

I wonder if the "members" page could add a column for members to sign up as a person who can help.

I think you'll find that of the regularly contributing members that virtually everyone would help.  Completely serious about that...   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »

I've stayed at the home of a few members around the country when out on road trips.  Have had several stay here too.  Every year have three or four riders or groups of riders stop here for some kind of either unfortunately necessary or just regular interval service while on their own road trips too.  Hell, even the ones I don't like are welcome if they're broke down.  They may not get the good beer but they won't be thirsty.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.